Hacking Kinda Wii Hacking Question

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You CAN get things onto the memory card, BUT you can't launch them on the GC.

EG: You can use a GC mem manager to put modded save files on, or mod the source to put other things on using the Wii, but then when you put it in the GC you can't launch these things without an exploit to do so, so there is no point. I myself would love to see this happen one day as I have a couple of GC sitting gathering dust and I wont put in a mod chip unless it's non solder and I cant find a non solder GC chip.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
beegee7730 said:
Why not just use a Wii with a cMIOS?

+1

Yeah do that to a GameCude
tongue.gif

The OP obviously has a Wii and a GameCube and wants both to be modded.

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Slimmmmmm said:
tattar8 said:
beegee7730 said:
Why not just use a Wii with a cMIOS?

+1

Yeah do that to a GameCude
tongue.gif

The OP obviously has a Wii and a GameCube and wants both to be modded.

Yes, I have both and I just wanted to bring the GC back to life. I thought there was a softmod for the GC. If I had the software on the GC memory card could I launch it with something like Action Replay?

bhyperp

Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking this up myself....my gamecube is just sittin there collecting dust and I thought I could use it for the kids, and we all know how they are....discs....scratchie, scratchie. So I wanna make backups and not spend too much doin the modding . . and I can`t get a modchip here cause I can`t find anyone and I`m 1000km from the closest. I thought if there is any sort of "file explorer", we could take an exploit from a usb drive and move it to the memory card.....which from what tutorials I`ve read about using AR is kinda the same....youre copying a file to an sd card and putting that into the AR card. I just wanna play backups!!!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
comet77 said:
Yes, I have both and I just wanted to bring the GC back to life. I thought there was a softmod for the GC. If I had the software on the GC memory card could I launch it with something like Action Replay?

Yeah, in theory you could put the action replay cheat on the gamecube memory card using the wii. However you can just type it in.
There are lots of different versions of action replay though and they don't all use the same code and they don't all work.

I used datel media launcher on the gamecube. You can use that to launch an app that boots dvd-r's.
However you obviously need to swap disks every time and burning dvd-r's that the game cube can read is a bitch.
You have to get discs with the right dye and burn at the right speed with the right burner (I can't remember the dye but I could only burn with 4x on a pioneer burner, slower and it wouldn't read).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: