Killzone Update help please!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RitchieRitchie, Sep 30, 2016.

1. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    I'm a complete noob and looking for help on how to update Killzone. I'm using the EUR version. I've seen these instructions on another site -

1. Install game vpk
    2. Copy update zip contents to the game folder
    3. Make a GameTitleIDfolder in ux0[​IMG]atch/ folder in vitashell (ex: ux0[​IMG]atch/PCSE00000)
    4. Copy the update zip contents to the new folder you just created in ux0[​IMG]atch/
    5. Start the game, now it should not say to update your game and should detect the latest version.

So for killzone I have a folder titled 'PCSF00243_patch' and inside that 3 other folders (data/module/sys) and an eboot.bin. First of all is it the contents of the patch folder ('PCSF00243_patch) I copy to the game folder or is it the folder itself? From the the instructions above it appears that you copy the update files twice - once in the game folder and then again to the '...new folder you just created in ux0[​IMG]atch/'? Is this correct?

Appreciate any help - and step by step instructions would be most welcome!

2. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    My own personal dump of Killzone consists of x2 VPK files; one for the game and one for the update (both installed the "normal" way through Vitashell). This is a dump of the digital release though, I think that cart dumps are different in terms of how update files are handled.

3. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, vpk files are a lot easier to deal with!

4. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Just saw this on r/VitaPiracy;
    Not sure if it works or not. I've also got a game with a patch that I can't install so if I get time I'll try this method and see if it works.

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  5. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for the advice, to be honest i'm a bit of a noob with this stuff and that looks a bit complicated so I might wait and see if it pops us as a vpk file.

6. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Well, this method worked for me. I my case, I had 2 folders after extracting the download; 'PCSG00386' and 'PCSG00386_patch'. I loaded up Filezilla and connected to my Vita then copied the 'PCSG00386_patch' folder to ux0:/Patch/. After it finished copying I renamed the folder and removed the '_patch' part of the folder name. I then copied the main game folder ('PCSG00386') to ux0:/Mai/. After it had all finished I quit Vitashell and loaded Maidump. Selected the 2nd option (install from folder) then selected the game. After installation I went back to the home screen, found the bubble for the game and checked the version; 1.02, so the patch install worked.

How this would work for games already installed I'm not sure.
    The latest version of Maidump (v233.2z8) has a "install patch from folder" option - this was listed as not working in the previous version I tested.

Last edited by riggs, Oct 1, 2016
  7. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks. Apologies if this is a stupid question but can you install vpk files with maiddump?

8. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    No. VPKs have to be installed using Vitashell.

I think Vitamin is on the way out to be honest. Maidump is getting a lot of updates/support, it seems to work better and can dump games that Vitamin can't. The only downside is having to transfer games over FTP, but I'm sure there'll be a workaround for this soon (USB transfer is soooo much faster).

9. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Yeah, you're right. I just started using this afternoon - just hope someone dumps killzone with it!