Kid Icarus Uprising VS Super Mario 3d Land

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Skixy, Jul 16, 2012.

Jul 16, 2012
  1. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    Hey guys!I might buy a 3ds by the end of this month or the beginning of August,and i wanted my first game to be Super Mario 3d Land,but then i tried Kid Icarus Uprising at my friends house,and it turned out to be pretty fun.So now im sort of in a pickle here,I cant decide which one to get.Since alot of people have these games now,i want to take ur opinions about which is better?Ive added a poll to make things a little easier.
    EDIT:Please post wat 3ds game u guys think is the best.Btw,i dont like zelda.

2. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Fweh, im really torn for this. I really didnt enjoy uprising, but it has online multiplayes so that could keep your appeal up. Unless you like playing for completion then 3D land is the way to go.

3. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    If you were able to play KI:U and have an easy time with the controls, I say go for that.
    Especially since your friend has it, now you can both play against each other :)
    Once I got 100% in SM3DL, I've barely touched it. I only play it once in awhile if I streetpass with someone who has a faster time in a level than me :P

4. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    I was wondering,which one of these to games is shorter?

5. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    3D land unless you go for completion. Even then uprising is still longer.

6. BoxmanWTF

Canada
    Some levels in Kid Icarus take around 20 minutes. And the Solo mode has 25 chapters.
    3D land, you can blow through in about a day.

7. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    Ah damn it,i need a game thats long,any other games that can are entertaining and long?

8. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    Tales of the abyss and ocarina of time 3D are good titles for length.

9. BoxmanWTF

Canada
    Well the large amount of difficulty levels in Kid Icarus make it even longer, as well as the in game achievement board.
    Ocarina of Time 3D has a good length as chavosaur pointed out.

10. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Both games are really good, I would say Kid Icarus is more polished, you can't go wrong either way. If you must choose only 1 to start, go for the cheaper option, whichever that may be.
    3D land has much more replay value than just cranking through it without going for 100%.
    Are you kidding, Kid Icarus has massive amounts of goals to complete for completion.

11. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    The only thing i dont like about Uprising is that the only thing u do is fly and shoot (i think,thats all i say at my friend's house).Im not really up for something like that.

12. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    I meant for the completion to be boxed in with icarus as well, cuz its like smash bros completion. Theres plenty to collect in icarus, but its only appealing if he wants a super long story, not a completion game.

13. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    Oh ok,thats a good thing.

14. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Uprising. Gameplay is fresh, Story is surprisingly quite engaging (interviews with Sakurai said he didn't even try when it cane to story) and the characters even feel alive, really made Pit into a memorable character. Multiplayer is orgasmic, its like Smash Bros 3D, Lite edition or something. Controls are a little hard to master, but if you invest a couple bucks into a thumb stylus (I got one after xWatchmanx recommended it. I don't go anywhere without it.) you wont regret it. Don't get me started on the customization and level design. Oh, and graphics are awesome.

3D Land. Comes off more like a launch title but one of the much better ones. The story is the usual, but the gameplay element of traditional 2D platforming put into a 3D Mario game is awesome. Tons of content but too easy (well... till a special supri- ah fuck it. There's a second game after you beat it.) oh and the graphics really show the potential of the 3DS (not like RE but with its lighting and colors.)

Both are must haves, if I had to choose which to get first. I would say Uprising. It will reallu show off what the 3DS can do.

15. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Super Mario 3D Land is a good game overall. It's fun to play and the 3D is used very well.

However Kid Icarus has much longer gameplay and it has good re-playability value.
    Also, multiplayer.

So... I'd pick Kid Icarus.

EDIT: Wait, I just realised the third option after I voted :/

TALES OF THE ABYSS!

1 person likes this.
  16. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    xD Paarish!

17. xerxes16439

Newcomer xerxes16439 Advanced Member

United States
    Kid Icarus. or if you like Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Theathrythm. Mario 3D Land is great but its just too short even compared to KI:U. If you really want a mario game, wait for the new super mario bros that one looks a bit more promising

18. Skixy
    OP

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    Alright,i guess i understand the mario is short and alot of people like KI:U.So now im looking for another game.

19. BenRK

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My vote counts for 6billion, and I say get neither of those games! (evil laugh)

Seriously though, I personally didn't like either game. Mario 3D land is just a rehash of older games (but what Mario game isn't these days?), and I'm one of the few who HATED New Super Mario Bros. I also couldn't bring my self into Kid Icarus. I sold that within a month if I'm to be honest. The controls didn't bother me (I enjoyed Metroid Prime Hunters after all), but the gameplay... Eh...

I admit I may not like something others do like and the other way around too, and I'm surely not about to seriously say "Get neither else you're an expletive" in a fanboyish manner. I subscribe to the "To each their own" philosophy, at least when it comes to games. If you're not about to crap all over stuff I enjoy, I most certainly wont be doing to same to yours. I may defend my self, but nothing more.

On to what I recommend. Really, there's not much I can recommend. If you want a long game, Tales of the Abyss is the way to go. If you want something you will sink hours into arcade style, Starfox 64 3D is your ticket. Want to relive the past with a remake of an awesome game? Ocarina of Time 3D is what you need. Tetris? Don't get Tetris Axis if all you're going to play it for is the Marathon mode (instead get Tetris Party on the eshop). Want a shooter? Gah, I don't think there are any, at least none like CoD. Maybe someday.

20. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    You want a shooter with online and an epic story line but isnt a fps, get freaking Resident Evil Revalations. Graphics are gorgeous, good atory that could last you awhile, online mode, GET IT!

1 person likes this.