Gaming Kid Icarus Uprising VS Super Mario 3d Land

broitsak

Fight me.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!I might buy a 3ds by the end of this month or the beginning of August,and i wanted my first game to be Super Mario 3d Land,but then i tried Kid Icarus Uprising at my friends house,and it turned out to be pretty fun.So now im sort of in a pickle here,I cant decide which one to get.Since alot of people have these games now,i want to take ur opinions about which is better?Ive added a poll to make things a little easier.
EDIT:Please post wat 3ds game u guys think is the best.Btw,i dont like zelda.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fweh, im really torn for this. I really didnt enjoy uprising, but it has online multiplayes so that could keep your appeal up. Unless you like playing for completion then 3D land is the way to go.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you were able to play KI:U and have an easy time with the controls, I say go for that.
Especially since your friend has it, now you can both play against each other :)
Once I got 100% in SM3DL, I've barely touched it. I only play it once in awhile if I streetpass with someone who has a faster time in a level than me :P

broitsak

Fight me.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering,which one of these to games is shorter?
Some levels in Kid Icarus take around 20 minutes. And the Solo mode has 25 chapters.
3D land, you can blow through in about a day.
Ah damn it,i need a game thats long,any other games that can are entertaining and long?
Well the large amount of difficulty levels in Kid Icarus make it even longer, as well as the in game achievement board.
Ocarina of Time 3D has a good length as chavosaur pointed out.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both games are really good, I would say Kid Icarus is more polished, you can't go wrong either way. If you must choose only 1 to start, go for the cheaper option, whichever that may be.
I was wondering,which one of these to games is shorter?
Some levels in Kid Icarus take around 20 minutes. And the Solo mode has 25 chapters.
3D land, you can blow through in about a day.
3D land has much more replay value than just cranking through it without going for 100%.
Fweh, im really torn for this. I really didnt enjoy uprising, but it has online multiplayes so that could keep your appeal up. Unless you like playing for completion then 3D land is the way to go.
Are you kidding, Kid Icarus has massive amounts of goals to complete for completion.

broitsak

Fight me.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing i dont like about Uprising is that the only thing u do is fly and shoot (i think,thats all i say at my friend's house).Im not really up for something like that.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uprising. Gameplay is fresh, Story is surprisingly quite engaging (interviews with Sakurai said he didn't even try when it cane to story) and the characters even feel alive, really made Pit into a memorable character. Multiplayer is orgasmic, its like Smash Bros 3D, Lite edition or something. Controls are a little hard to master, but if you invest a couple bucks into a thumb stylus (I got one after xWatchmanx recommended it. I don't go anywhere without it.) you wont regret it. Don't get me started on the customization and level design. Oh, and graphics are awesome.

3D Land. Comes off more like a launch title but one of the much better ones. The story is the usual, but the gameplay element of traditional 2D platforming put into a 3D Mario game is awesome. Tons of content but too easy (well... till a special supri- ah fuck it. There's a second game after you beat it.) oh and the graphics really show the potential of the 3DS (not like RE but with its lighting and colors.)

Both are must haves, if I had to choose which to get first. I would say Uprising. It will reallu show off what the 3DS can do.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario 3D Land is a good game overall. It's fun to play and the 3D is used very well.

However Kid Icarus has much longer gameplay and it has good re-playability value.
Also, multiplayer.

So... I'd pick Kid Icarus.

EDIT: Wait, I just realised the third option after I voted :/

TALES OF THE ABYSS!

Reactions: 1 person

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus. or if you like Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Theathrythm. Mario 3D Land is great but its just too short even compared to KI:U. If you really want a mario game, wait for the new super mario bros that one looks a bit more promising

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote counts for 6billion, and I say get neither of those games! (evil laugh)

Seriously though, I personally didn't like either game. Mario 3D land is just a rehash of older games (but what Mario game isn't these days?), and I'm one of the few who HATED New Super Mario Bros. I also couldn't bring my self into Kid Icarus. I sold that within a month if I'm to be honest. The controls didn't bother me (I enjoyed Metroid Prime Hunters after all), but the gameplay... Eh...

I admit I may not like something others do like and the other way around too, and I'm surely not about to seriously say "Get neither else you're an expletive" in a fanboyish manner. I subscribe to the "To each their own" philosophy, at least when it comes to games. If you're not about to crap all over stuff I enjoy, I most certainly wont be doing to same to yours. I may defend my self, but nothing more.

On to what I recommend. Really, there's not much I can recommend. If you want a long game, Tales of the Abyss is the way to go. If you want something you will sink hours into arcade style, Starfox 64 3D is your ticket. Want to relive the past with a remake of an awesome game? Ocarina of Time 3D is what you need. Tetris? Don't get Tetris Axis if all you're going to play it for is the Marathon mode (instead get Tetris Party on the eshop). Want a shooter? Gah, I don't think there are any, at least none like CoD. Maybe someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it's called the last ronin