Kid Icarus Uprising info

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by The Milkman, Jun 22, 2011.

Jun 22, 2011

Kid Icarus Uprising info by The Milkman at 10:22 PM (2,201 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. The Milkman
    OP

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Any thing you know or would like to disscus about Kid Icarus Uprising should be here. Im talking the rumors, Im talking the news, Im talking the speculations and opinions. Anything about it should be put here.

Info:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Videos:

Interviews, info and written stuff:

EDIT: Due to high reports of self-skepticism and doubt ive redone the main post and such.
    Now with eyerape title colors [​IMG]!

2. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I've got some things to add:
    - The AR Cards, which, well, you all know how they work. One thing I'd like to note is that Sakurai said that they don't level up, they have "base stats" and just stay like that.

- There is a HUB. A place where you "rest" between missions, it's located in the sky or aerial temple thing, you can change weapons there. Sakurai said it was more like a "Menu" than a "3D explorable world" but it's still a HUB.

- Project Sora is looking to implement online multiplayer, which is nice because not everyone has a friend with a 3DS IRL, not my case, but it'd be nice to play online too (currently the angels thing is local only).

- This game is aiming towards a more comedy-like experience, Pit and Palutena talk a lot and they even say a joke or two sometimes.

- The game is divided in chapters and missions which follow this pattern: Air -> Ground -> Boss Battle. About what you said, maybe after the ground segment you return to the air just for the boss battle. I don't see why that couldn't work.

- Now, here's a good one. Sakurai said "Magnus (the Cloud-ish guy from the trailer) is the strongests of humans, you meet him early during the game in chapter 2". If that's early during the game, then we can expect plenty of chapters and missions. And about Magnus being the strongests of humans, it is like that to make the player compare Pit with Magnus, and see how strong Pit is. Aaand he knows the bad guy from before.

- And here's a bad one, according to some dates NOE released, Kid Icarus is coming in 2012 in Europe.
    But IIRC, Reggie said that it would come in 2011 in America, so, that's a win for us americans. Considering the lack of Xenoblade and The Last Story(which is also coming 2012 Europe) over here.

That's all I remember right now. If I remember more, I'll post it here.

Edit: Googled and I found my source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1177161p1.html

3. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    Thats cool [​IMG] if you dont mind im gonna add it to the main post so that the tread is easier to navigate when (and I mean WHEN) it gets bigger.
    Also ive thought about about it and I think that boss from the flying part in the trailer may just be like a mini boss (Im not sure but I think the game starts with you trying to save a town -.-) and I think it attacks you on the way.

4. MigueelDnd

United States
    If you want to, then you can add it, and if you wanna check the grammar and spelling then do it, too (:
    Wow, I haven't seen the E3 2010 video... it looks awesome! But I think that dragon is, in fact, a boss. And it's a mix of air and land, seeing as how you have to walk on it to attack its head and then swap to air mode to attack again.

Also, the 3D effects look amazing. I saw the trailer on my 3DS and it looks pretty good.

Here are some useful links that you can put in the first post:
    Videos:
    E3 2010 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvhwAi-d1gI
    E3 2011/eShop video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moitMMOHjr4
    E3 2011 aerial gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzC6NV_85U
    E3 2011 ground gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H31k6oVbWM
    E3 2011 combat gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eTxbBemlPc
    NYC video gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxcuoEPlHCk
    Nintendo World 2011 gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9IaPUQ4gHI

Interviews, info and written stuff:
    Kid Icarus Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus:_Uprising
    Interview with Sakurai: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1177161p1.html

5. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Online? Must buy! They better do it online!

6. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    Dude your awesome [​IMG] Thanks for the links!

7. MigueelDnd

United States
    They better do. It looks pretty likely, seeing how Sakurai always wants to bring a good experience to his fans. Coming from Sakurai himself:
    "Masahiro Sakurai: We're still in the middle of looking at the options for the wireless multiplayer mode, and I would say it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that we might end up not being able to implement the Wi-Fi online mode, but we're moving forward in development with the understanding and intention of making that a feature."
    Resuming, he wants to, but it looks like he found a problem or something, I hope it's not a big deal. Seeing that feature online would be awesome.

8. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    *Cough* Just in case someone wants the reference

9. MigueelDnd

United States
    Maybe we'll get some new details at the Nintendo World Hobby Fair in Japan, which starts in July 2nd.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    Now its also open for discussion [​IMG]
    also *bump*

11. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I know that there is a cool 3d trailer available in the eShop !! Go check ahead !!

Pip'

12. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well the game doesn't look to bad but I believe the controling will suck bad -.-V

I assume shooting is shoulder button moving with the d-pad and aiming with stylus ...
    so there is no more hand/finger free to move the camera and or do something else.

13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Movement would probably be circle pad and if it's like any other third person rail shooter (such as Sin and Punishment), then moving the camera is completely unnecessary. When it gets to ground controls I've found (for the PSP at least) that the analog nub (in this case, circle pad) for movement and the L/R buttons for camera adjustment work the best (with the camera moving on its own, provided it gives you good angles).

14. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    I dont think the controls will be buttons only on the ground seeing as the main premises of the game is sharp aim (or appears that way) I would think that the ground cammera control would be similar to conduit (where moving the wiimote towards the screens border would prompt the cammera to move with it as to traditional FPS controls where the cammera moves instead of the gun so your aim is always centered. TL;DR- u mov ds pen cam mov wit it.

15. ChrisMCNBVA

Member ChrisMCNBVA GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I read and seen, the bottom screen with the stylus moves the target where you shoot your arrows with the L button and of course the circle pad moves Pit

16. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I can easily use my left thumb to control the camera on the touchscreen (like Mario64 DS used the thumbstrap), use A B Y X as a D-Pad (or normal D-Pad for left handed) and shoot using L or R.

Pip'

17. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That is correct, I had a go at this game last year [​IMG] Controls were fucking awkward but I'll get use to them

18. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    You guys do know that the O-pad was made so that we DONT have to use the touch screen or buttons to get the control stick motion and besides the controls seem like the same standard DS FPS controls (which is arguably the most accurate method ever) however I do want to see how they pull off the left handed controls (being lefty myself). But I do hope we leftys get the O-pad and not buttons as our movement.

19. The Milkman
    OP

United States
    I Hate to DP but I was reading online abit about the AR Battles and peoples reaction about them being predetermined and all sooo I thought I would just ask do you think its just a set in stone battle OR do you think the fact that in the last few frames of the E3 trailer they clearly showed a weapon from the game as card mean we may just see some form of strategy in the AR battles anyway?

20. pachura

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Agree. I don't care about accuracy, I don't want to get cramps in my hand while holding 3DS, stylus, D-pad and shoulder button AT THE SAME TIME. Not even to mention that using stylus for precise aiming while travelling is f--- annoying. If they don't provide option to control Kid Icarus exclusively with buttons (buttons for running, D-pad for aiming), I'm not going to buy this game.

It's again the same story as with Prince of Persia DS. The game itself was decent, but they've totally ruined it by enforcing touchscreen controls...