kicked back to sysnand on game exit

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Me0wTwo, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Me0wTwo
    OP

Me0wTwo Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    United States
    I'm not exactly sure what the real names for them are, so I'll refer to them as sysnand and emunand, or i could say gw mode.. Anyways I'll get into emunand and load up MH4U, but when "home, x, a" or "home, close, yes" to go load up a different game, I get kicked back to sysnand and I have to reload gw mode to emunand, plus it takes like 5-10 seconds to load emunand for some reason, I'm on 3.1 on the old 4.5 3ds.

72 others likes this.
  2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Yeah, same for MH4 and SSBB. That's because these games need additional memory, simply open another app instead of exiting it and you're good and stay in GW Mode.

Me0wTwo and KJ1 like this.
  3. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    As already mentioned, it is due to the RAM, but iirc there was something floating around the forum to stop this, though I cannot find it. People had the issue with Sm4sh and MM

4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I use Sky3DS to play SSB and MH4 on Classic Mode, nothing will be reset after quitting :D

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    72 others likes this.
  6. Me0wTwo
    OP

Me0wTwo Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    United States
    Wow, you guys are clutch! Thanks ^^

7. Me0wTwo
    OP

Me0wTwo Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    United States
    Ok hold up, I thought I knew how to but I can figure it out lol, how do I switch games without exiting first?

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Hit the HOME button, but instead of closing the game, select a different application like the Mii Plaza. Then you can close your second application.

Me0wTwo likes this.