Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KFC trolls PlayStation and Xbox by unveiling its own gaming console

0_JS213574205.jpg

KFC has announced that it is launching its own gaming console, dubbed the KFConsole, which comes with a 'chicken chamber' to store your dinner.

They're two of the most eagerly anticipated gaming consoles of the year, but it seems that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X could have a new rival to contend with.

KFC has announced that it is launching its own gaming console, dubbed the KFConsole.

The food chain announced the console on its new KFC Gaming Twitter account, writing: “The future of gaming is here. Introducing the KFConsole. #PowerYourHunger.”

0_JS213574201.jpg

KFC promises that the console will do 4K at 120 FPS, but has remained tight-lipped about the other key specifications.

However, KFC also teased that the console comes with a ‘chicken chamber’ and cross-platform compatibility.

While this is likely a hilarious marketing stunt, many fans replied to express their delight at KFC’s apparent move into the gaming sector.

Meanwhile, Microsoft even seems to see the funny side of the news, replying: “Can you lay it sideways?”

KFC’s teaser video ended with the date 11.12.2020, so we’ll probably have to wait until November to find out more.

The news comes just days after PlayStation finally unveiled its PlayStation 5 console, as well as the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. is it sad that I am hoping its real and fails spectacularity..? so I can buy it for $10 to add to my collection (like the Ouya)
never mind...its just a pc....I was hoping for Linux custom build...

Last edited by djpannda,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The complete specs for the console haven't been revealed, but what we do know is it's got an Intel Nuc 9 CPU, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SSD, and judging from the prominence of "ray tracing" in the marketing from Cooler Master, an Nvidia GPU. Cooler Master also says the KFConsole has "a first of its kind hot swappable GPU slot" for easy upgrades.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!