Hacking key-clip

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ordered a key-clip from ic2005.com, they notified me it was shipped. I was wondering if any1 here has ever orfered from them and about how long it took to get to what part of the us?

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered from them on saturday, I also got a key-clip. You will probably get yours before I get mine, but if you don't, I will tell you my experience with them.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
let us know how the key-clips are!

I'm thinking of ordering one too but too busy with college at the moment...summer's almost here though so i'm hoping to order mine then
biggrin.gif

L33tmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii-Clip V4 from them, they shipped on Thursday and I got it today (Monday). It was sent express mail and converting HKD to USD, the shipping's costing them about $23.

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drock360 said:
I just ordered from them on saturday, I also got a key-clip. You will probably get yours before I get mine, but if you don't, I will tell you my experience with them.
yes, i ordered mine friday. so hopefully i will get it sometime this week.

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L33tmaster said:
I got my Wii-Clip V4 from them, they shipped on Thursday and I got it today (Monday). It was sent express mail and converting HKD to USD, the shipping's costing them about $23.
where are you located in the us? They only offered one shipping option right?

djg08642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L33tmaster said:

Bummer, I ordered mine weeks ago, it shipped on Thursday and it's stuck in customs at JFK.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i ordered mine on Friday and it arrived on Wednesday, and it works perfectly and now i can play Brawl
biggrin.gif

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine works as well, but does yours make the original games make a weird sound spinning? my backups work great, its just my originals are making a funny sound.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
the key clip has that little resistor thing that you see on the wiikey so that it's compatible with wiikey code and open clip doesn't have it so it won't work with open wii code, also i think that different pins from the atmega8 are attached to the drivechip differently depending on which code it is

wiikey:
wiikey_pinout.jpg

OpenWii:
Atmega8install.jpg

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes the different clips have different chips on them, so different modchips can be programmed onto them. For example, the Free Clip uses the PIC chip for the Yaosm and the Key clip uses the ATmega8 chip for wiikey and openwii.

djg08642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhh93 said:
i ordered a key-clip from ic2005.com, they notified me it was shipped. I was wondering if any1 here has ever orfered from them and about how long it took to get to what part of the us?

Here's a link to a thread about my shipping experiences with ic2005.com.

Their customer service is pretty good even if they have pretty broken English.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
which one did you guys buy?

key-clip or the open-clip?

i was thinking of getting key-clip but wiikey team always takes a long time to release their new codes

do you guys think openwii would have on-going support in the future?

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the key clip and I would recommend it because you can program both openwii and wiikey firmware onto it, unlike the open clip which can only be programmed with openwii (and a few other small open source modchips.)

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drock360 said:
I got the key clip and I would recommend it because you can program both openwii and wiikey firmware onto it, unlike the open clip which can only be programmed with openwii (and a few other small open source modchips.)

but it says the same thing on the open-clip's page that you can program it with wii-key, openwii or any other, that's why its so confusing whether or not there's actually a difference between the key-clip and the open-clip
wacko.gif

it's like choosing vista!
laugh.gif

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, i just ordered a key-clip too

here's the response from the wii-clip team from e-mail:
"open-clip use openwii schematic, key-clip use wiikey schematic."

I'm guessing there's not much difference, since both can be programmed with either

For key-clip, did you guys have to install that piece of cardboard? or was that only for the D2Pro since the modchip could come in contact with the other wii parts

and what did you guys program it with? openwii, yaosm or wiikey?

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can get yaosm on the key clip because it is an ATmega8 chip and the yaosm is only programmable on PIC chips. If you want yaosm, try the free clip. For my key clip, I got wiikey, but it is easily reprogrammed if I change to openwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol