Kena bridge of spirits cranking PRO fans?

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. So I have a launch ps4 pro running great. I repasted it and replaced the thermal ram pads. Every game I play runs quiet with the occasional fan ramp up but nothing annoying at all. Even last of us 2 runs the fans at mid to low. Nice and quiet

Except for Kena bridge of spirits. Even when just sitting on the initial menu the fans sound like they are at 100% and the pro is about to fly away!

This happening for anyone else? Anyone else on 9.0 with a fpkg of this game test for me? Is it just this game?? My ps4?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey folks. So I have a launch ps4 pro running great. I repasted it and replaced the thermal ram pads. Every game I play runs quiet with the occasional fan ramp up but nothing annoying at all. Even last of us 2 runs the fans at mid to low. Nice and quiet

Except for Kena bridge of spirits. Even when just sitting on the initial menu the fans sound like they are at 100% and the pro is about to fly away!

This happening for anyone else? Anyone else on 9.0 with a fpkg of this game test for me? Is it just this game?? My ps4?
Haven’t played yet, just went to the menu and launched the game to see if it was working, the fan of my PS4 pro (Death stranding) was quiet.

Reactions: viper3344

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to bend your heatsink clamps back a bit to ensure you're getting good heat transfer. I've played it on my pro and haven't noticed it ramping up too much. Bad heat transfer in my opinion is one of the number one things that can cause this, on ps3's as well from my experience working on them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try orbis toolbox. I can't guarantee it will be informative, but I think it at least has temps of the cpu and soc. 70-80C is normal. 79 is default for the system.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I've repaired a ton of PS4's this is usually always from dust clogging up the fan / thermal paste. Air compressor or compressed air cans. Give it a blow job and test.

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've repaired a ton of PS4's this is usually always from dust clogging up the fan / thermal paste. Air compressor or compressed air cans. Give it a blow job and test.
Zero dust and a complete lap, repaste and memory pads replaced. Come on this isn’t amateur hour over here haha

Red dead 2 is silent, last of us 2…. All of these games folks say really heat up the pro run next to silent.

Kena and the bridge of spirits main menu.. jet engine. Literally only time I hear the fans crank that loud. Maybe it’s a bad rip if nobody use is having that issue?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it your own dump? Also are you using a backport patch, it could be that it maybe somehow breaks the fan profiler or something.

Check your temps and if it's just the fan ramping up without the temperature going crazy then it's probably a dump/patch issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out