Keiji Inafune reveals his new zombie game, Yaiba

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Keiji Inafune, known mostly for his work with Capcom, is certainly no stranger to zombie games. From Resident Evil to Dead Rising, he's been around the block. From the looks of it, it appears Inafune is going around that block again with a new zombie game called "Yaiba".

In a press release from Edge, Inafune describes his life post-Capcom and how it came to developing this game:

"A year and a half has passed after becoming independent, and I have been fortunate enough to announce several projects along the way. I have announced three consumer titles and three social game titles. I have given speeches in various seminars, panels, universities and schools. I have published three books. I am still aggressively challenging myself in various arenas. But I asked myself, 'Have I covered all everything?' It felt like something is missing; something people expect from me the most. Everywhere I go, people ask: 'Are you working on it? When is it coming?' The expectation seems higher in the west. The expectation is clear. It’s for my next zombie game."

While the trailer doesn't show much, it does show a heavily cell-shaded art style and a robotic ninja-type protagonist. No other info, from release to consoles, was announced though.

:arrow: Source

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a little bit of a MadWorld vibe from those brief flashes of gameplay.

MadWorld and Zombies should go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... a little more detail has come to light.

Yaiba brings together Inafune's Comcept studio with Spark Unlimited (Lost Planet 3) and Team Ninja, and its full name is Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z. You play as a resurrected ninja named Yaiba that's cutting his way through zombies in a search for revenge against Ryu Hayabusa, the hero of the Ninja Gaiden series.
icon11.gif
GamesRadar

And some concept art...

1b087364d3b902d13ef7bec5988fcaa83c728596.jpg__620x956_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... a little more detail has come to light.

Yaiba brings together Inafune's Comcept studio with Spark Unlimited (Lost Planet 3) and Team Ninja, and its full name is Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z. You play as a resurrected ninja named Yaiba that's cutting his way through zombies in a search for revenge against Ryu Hayabusa, the hero of the Ninja Gaiden series.
icon11.gif
GamesRadar

And some concept art...

1b087364d3b902d13ef7bec5988fcaa83c728596.jpg__620x956_q85_crop_upscale.jpg
yeah,its not a survival horror,hack and slash maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging