Gaming K101 up for preorder!

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After almost one moth competition for creating logo design for Revo K101, we picked out the below logo to printed on this device. You guys can check the effect picture as below:- only the K101 sold by us will have this logo" Revo K101"- The Revolution just started!

Revo-k101-logo.jpg

The logo" Revo K101" will be printed in the down middle place just like the above picture shows.

And we prepare this little icon which MAY be printed at the back of Revo K101- this image is still being discussed. We will confirm you guys after we talk with the manufacture. But I will let you see the cute icon- three in total for our consideration now:

REVO-K101-Icon_v1.png

Reactions: 2 people

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
After almost one moth competition for creating logo design for Revo K101, we picked out the below logo to printed on this device. You guys can check the effect picture as below:- only the K101 sold by us will have this logo" Revo K101"- The Revolution just started!

Revo-k101-logo.jpg

The logo" Revo K101" will be printed in the down middle place just like the above picture shows.

And we prepare this little icon which MAY be printed at the back of Revo K101- this image is still being discussed. We will confirm you guys after we talk with the manufacture. But I will let you see the cute icon- three in total for our consideration now:

REVO-K101-Icon_v1.png

That is sexy.

Reactions: 2 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Would this be beneficial in any way to those who already have a Dingoo A320?

You really can't compare the two. It all depends on what your priorities are.

With the Dingoo, you have a fairly powerful portable emulation machine that CAN play GBA games. On the other hand, you have the K101, which is the closest thing you can get to actual GBA hardware without buying the real thing.

One is a general all-around emulator, the other is a device that plays GBA games more accurately than any other emulator out there, sans the original hardware.

If you don't care about accuracy, stick to your Dingoo. It can do way more than the K101 at this point.

Reactions: 1 person

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro is right. Revo K101 is the device to play GBA ROMS while hardware clone. For Dingoo A320, it is more a device which support more roms. They have different design. You can not compare them. What do you guys think of the booting screen on Revo K101?

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
The native dingoo gba emulator hasn't been updated since 2009 and the only way to get decent gba emulation on the dingoo a320 is to install dingux and the gpsp emulator. The k101 seems like it willl have better compatibility with gba games.

Reactions: 1 person

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
I really like the new design. I'm glad you guys are putting effort into the boot screen. I hope that level of detail extends to the rest of the user interface.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
GCN is just Gamecube, the N part stands for Nintendo. I think NGC was copyrighted so they couldn't use it or something.
I always wondered why they used the GCN acronym instead of NGC... but if I remember correctly, they used the NGC acronym in non-US countries, didn't they?

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I really like the new design. I'm glad you guys are putting effort into the boot screen. I hope that level of detail extends to the rest of the user interface.

I don't think the boot screen will be like the one in the pics, it will be the standard one like in the K1 SP

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think the boot screen will be like the one in the pics, it will be the standard one like in the K1 SP
We are now discussing this boot screen with the manufacture. It is a very nice screen with nice slogan" The revolution just started “. We will tell you when we finish it.

We will not use the same back ground picture as you see on K1. We will make some change to this upcoming Revo K101 since it is very easy to change the back ground picture for this device.

Currently, we are making the design for Revo K101's package and print the logo on the prototype device. We will bring you more details for this new device in these coming days.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be cool if the boot screen could be customized.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm assuming by "boot screen" they just mean the splash screen that loads when the device turns on. you can change this on the k1 gba sp by naming any jpg in ROOT "userlogo.jpg". as far as i know the SoC is the same, so i'm assuming this is also the same.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm assuming by "boot screen" they just mean the splash screen that loads when the device turns on. you can change this on the k1 gba sp by naming any jpg in ROOT "userlogo.jpg". as far as i know the SoC is the same, so i'm assuming this is also the same.

-another world
Yes, this is one way to change the boot screen while replace the "userlogo.jpg". What we want the manufacture do is that to use the exact screen that you see in the above pictures. We are still waiting for the reply from the manufacture. It will be more cool if they can do that.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, there will be only White color available for Revo K101. In the future, the manufacture may consider to produce other colors- for bulk order possibly. But I will share you some interesting pictures as below- the Blue Revo K101( not available for the first batch and we do not know when it will be available)

Revo-k101-blue-1.jpg

Revo-k101-blue-2.jpg

White Revo K101 with wrist strap- is it more beautiful?

Revo-k101-wrist-strap.jpg

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
When will it start shipping? I can't wait for my k101 :yaysp:

Nylx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The blue one is very nice!!! If I had the choice, I would have picked the blue one but I already pre-ordered mine. Dont want to wait for the blue. :yaysp:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i really love that blue unit!! =)

thanks for the new photos. i can't wait to see the case with the new logo!

you might be able to make some sales if you just manufacturer replacement cases and buttons. a lot of users aren't scared to take apart the unit and pack it into a new shell. this would be a really nice way to offer more colors at a cheaper price. i think some users might even consider buying a second case to paint it with their own special theme. something to consider?

-another world

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second the opinion above, K1 GBA team.

If you allow people to have extra cases, it will unlock more value and popularity for your product. A lot of people would love custom painted cases and DIY projects.

If you want evidence, please look into the Gameboy community (DMG-001).

lzhbtrnzqlrt3vbmuepv2f4fo1-r1-400.jpg

gameboy-dmg-pro-sound-green-blooper-custom-paint.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty