Gaming K101 up for preorder!

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what the exact name of battery the k101 uses is?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I want one of these shaped like a GBA SP. Sure, another one.
What do you mean? The original K1 is a GBA SP clone, and looks virtually identical to it.

Yes and I bought one. I just want better quality buttons. Also maybe support for my few GBA peripherals and cords that didn't work with my K1. No joke I would buy it all over again if something with features of the K101 came in the shape or "form factor" of a GBA:SP.

Some users had trouble with button responsiveness in the K1. Rumor is they fixed this with the K101 but I don't want to be seen with a dingoo. I want it to be both shaped like an SP and working great.

sukoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know what the exact name of battery the k101 uses is?

Made in China Nokia BL-5B "clone"
batterie-nokia-bl5b-origine-63554deca57852369.jpg

Here comes the battery from a prototype :

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes and I bought one. I just want better quality buttons. Also maybe support for my few GBA peripherals and cords that didn't work with my K1. No joke I would buy it all over again if something with features of the K101 came in the shape or "form factor" of a GBA:SP.

Some users had trouble with button responsiveness in the K1. Rumor is they fixed this with the K101 but I don't want to be seen with a dingoo. I want it to be both shaped like an SP and working great.
Yeah, I heard about the button issues. I thought you might've been talking about that, but I wasn't sure whether you meant you hadn't heard of it, or just weren't pleased with the original.

Honestly though, I'm not trying to flame the K1, but I would love to get one of those so-called AGB-101s that are being sold now. There's another thread on here somewhere about a guy who's selling original GBAs with rechargeable batteries and backlights installed. You can either buy the piece, or pay for a whole complete set pre-finished. It's a chinese site and it's expensive and a pain, but legit according to the people who bought from it. I really prefer the original GBA form factor anyway, personally.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard about the button issues. I thought you might've been talking about that, but I wasn't sure whether you meant you hadn't heard of it, or just weren't pleased with the original.

Honestly though, I'm not trying to flame the K1, but I would love to get one of those so-called AGB-101s that are being sold now. There's another thread on here somewhere about a guy who's selling original GBAs with rechargeable batteries and backlights installed. You can either buy the piece, or pay for a whole complete set pre-finished. It's a chinese site and it's expensive and a pain, but legit according to the people who bought from it. I really prefer the original GBA form factor anyway, personally.

If you're handy with a soldering iron a backlight is kind of easy to install in a GBA taco.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the sp is great because it fits in your pocket, but the trade off is that it can be hard to play if you don't have small hands. personally, i experience cramping and find it awkward to hold. the best handhelds i have used are much larger, such as the linx, gamegear, gemei a330, psp, and dsi xl. it looks like the k101 revo is going to fit my hands much better so i am really looking forward to it.

i can understand the portability issues but i do not see any other arguments. unless you are trying to hide the fact that you are using roms and emulaiton by playing on a system that looks exactly like an sp.

i hope that they are able to find some pads that fix the d-pad and button issues. being able to offer the same quality in both designs is going to be key. if you can't accomplish that you might end up losing business to customers who want the smaller form factor but also want to better d-pad/buttons. they may not buy the larger size and in turn decide that they do not want to settle for the issues of the smaller.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sp is great because it fits in your pocket, but the trade off is that it can be hard to play if you don't have small hands. personally, i experience cramping and find it awkward to hold. the best handhelds i have used are much larger, such as the linx, gamegear, gemei a330, psp, and dsi xl. it looks like the k101 revo is going to fit my hands much better so i am really looking forward to it.

i can understand the portability issues but i do not see any other arguments. unless you are trying to hide the fact that you are using roms and emulaiton by playing on a system that looks exactly like an sp.

i hope that they are able to find some pads that fix the d-pad and button issues. being able to offer the same quality in both designs is going to be key. if you can't accomplish that you might end up losing business to customers who want the smaller form factor but also want to better d-pad/buttons. they may not buy the larger size and in turn decide that they do not want to settle for the issues of the smaller.

-another world
I understand. We had talked with some suppliers here offering pads of PSP. And we had tried their pads on k1 gba sp. But We do not satisfied with these pads. Until we get the best pads that we will release it for our customers. We will send these pads as an extra accessory for each K1 GBA SP. This will bring people a better control on d-pad and buttons when they play with K1. We are now testing and finding these pads. We will release it once we get it. Kindly wait patiently. Thanks.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to take a full video review for Revo K101 this weekend. I wonder if you guys can tell me which part you want to know for this device? I will make your main requirement on my notes and test them for you in the video. Can you guys give me some things that you are interesting in? Thanks.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
I am going to take a full video review for Revo K101 this weekend. I wonder if you guys can tell me which part you want to know for this device? I will make your main requirement on my notes and test them for you in the video. Can you guys give me some things that you are interesting in? Thanks.

The menu of the device is probably one of the most important things to show. Like layout, navigation etc.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how much longer this is going to be on pre order?

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand if some people have large hands but now that school is starting I really want a small device to play during class heheh :P
A Micro Clone is guaranteed to be very popular

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So what exactly can this thing do besides play GBA games? With the additional X and Y buttons I assume it can emulate SNES or something, but is there an official features list anywhere?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly can this thing do besides play GBA games? With the additional X and Y buttons I assume it can emulate SNES or something, but is there an official features list anywhere?

Also would like to know this.
And does this play retail GBA games?
You're more than welcome to check the links in the OP.

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Also would like to know this.
And does this play retail GBA games?
You're more than welcome to check the links in the OP.
I did check them.
The only place it says wether it plays GBA retail games or not is on the K1 GBA SP review, which is not the same as this one.
That's why I asked.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be able to load the GBA Bios game-less and connect to GCN software? This project really interests me, and that's a feature I still use in some older games.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The only place it says wether it plays GBA retail games or not is on the K1 GBA SP review, which is not the same as this one.
That's why I asked.

the only differences are the design, the inclusion of a RTC, the mini-usb for charging, and the standard output jacks for audio and tv-out. everything else is the same as the k1 gba sp review as its using the same SoC. SNES emulation would have to happen via a GBA emulator, even then those weren't designed to access extra buttons that did not yet exist on the GBA. my assumption will be that the extra buttons will function as some type of "turbo" button or not at all.

Will this be able to load the GBA Bios game-less and connect to GCN software?

i'm sorry, what is a gba bios game-less? do you mean can it run gba games without the gba bios on the microsd? if that is the question then yes. what is needed to make games/homebrew run is on the SoC. again, i am sorry, what is GCN? do you mean the north american gamecube? as the SoC is the same, and there have been no firmware updates, i would say no as this did not function on the k1 gba sp. it is possible that a firmware update will fix this, it is also highly possible that the k1 revo will feature a firmware upgrade. right now it is hard to say for certain as the person behind building the k1 revo and k1 gba sp is also the same person who is coding the firmware. at this point, he simply does not appear to have the time to release any updates.

-another world

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
Just pre ordered one of these :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions? +1