K-On!! Discusion

jlsyber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here watch K-On!!?

The first eppisode of the series aired today/yesterday and it was awesome!!!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I watched it too, and it was awesome!
yay.gif

But yeah, I agree with luke_c, it doesn't really have a plot, but...
It's still great.
yay.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Liked it, like moe blob regardless of all the hate I see for moe blob
smile.gif

Will be looking forward to using this season to detox from all the rather pointless nudity garbage I foolishly wasted time on recently from Ladies vs Butlers, Qwaser and Vampire Bund.

Heard they are already alluding to season 3.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Will be looking forward to using this season to detox from all the rather pointless nudity garbage I foolishly wasted time on recently from Ladies vs Butlers, Qwaser and Vampire Bund.

At least they had a hint of a plot >_>

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Rather no plot than crappy plot, right?
I mean, look at POKEMON.

"I wanna be, the very best..."
And after beating stupid championships Ash's Pikachu loses to an Elekid.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Lucky Star was good, and it didn't really have much of a plot. And it was pretty good. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was the best Anime I've watched. It's on season 2 right now.
biggrin.gif
Never really watched K-On, at least, I don't remember if I did. I had the K-On opening and ending, so I uploaded it onto Youtube, with all of the others. xD

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Raika said:
luke_c said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Rather no plot than crappy plot, right?
I mean, look at POKEMON.

"I wanna be, the very best..."
And after beating stupid championships Ash's Pikachu loses to an Elekid.
Not really... Having a plot will always beat having no plot, because at least then they are actually doing different things than eating cake all day.

QUOTE(Hatsune Miku @ Apr 7 2010, 12:57 PM)
Well, Lucky Star was good, and it didn't really have much of a plot. And it was pretty good. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was the best Anime I've watched. It's on season 2 right now.
biggrin.gif
Never really watched K-On, at least, I don't remember if I did. I had the K-On opening and ending, so I uploaded it onto Youtube, with all of the others. xD
Haruhi finished a few months ago... And Lucky Star at least took the piss out of other Anime's so it was funny, like Seitokan no Ichizon

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Ladies vs Butlers' plot wasn't worth all the shit that was going on though.

jlsyber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky Star is sort of like Simpsons, as in you don't need to watch all the episodes to understand it. The episode didn't have much of a plot but it was still pretty good.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Plot? you detected a PLOT in Ladies vs Butlers?

Must have a different release of the show.

Unless you think 'put together oodles of snobbish ladies and a lot of commoner maids and 3 or 4 butlers (one of which is actually not a guy) into a 'school' use term loosely and then expect the commoners to learn how to serve snobbish ladies' qualifies as a plot. I mean aside from random opportunities to offer nude scenes where the nudity is incredibly detailed all accept the usual no genitalia limitation. Heck some shots include outright sex acts not just nudity but actual sexual conduct.

Fine I guess if you are 15 and can't find anything else online to jack off to.

I'll pick my K-On with girls acting like girls for the most part. All properly dressed, and in no hurry to get undressed or flash undies for your needs.
So they like cake at tea time, explains the bands name eh.
I don't mind that the girls are drawn utterly cute. Beats utterly grotesque.

I rather like slice of life that is really NOTHING ELSE.
Shit have you ever watched a soap opera
smile.gif
Some of those shows are still going even after the actors/actresses have grown old and died off
smile.gif

And yet people still want to watch their overly dramatized mundane lives. And you notice, in soap operas everyone has great hair and looks awesome in general. Oh like that's realistic eh.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
Plot? you detected a PLOT in Ladies vs Butlers?

Must have a different release of the show. Two girls fighting and competing over a man isn't classed as a plot? It may not be unique but at least it's something.

Unless you think 'put together oodles of snobbish ladies and a lot of commoner maids and 3 or 4 butlers (one of which is actually not a guy) into a 'school' use term loosely and then expect the commoners to learn how to serve snobbish ladies' qualifies as a plot. I mean aside from random opportunities to offer nude scenes where the nudity is incredibly detailed all accept the usual no genitalia limitation. Heck some shots include outright sex acts not just nudity but actual sexual conduct.

Fine I guess if you are 15 and can't find anything else online to jack off to.

I'll pick my K-On with girls acting like girls for the most part. All properly dressed, and in no hurry to get undressed or flash undies for your needs.
So they like cake at tea time, explains the bands name eh.
I don't mind that the girls are drawn utterly cute. Beats utterly grotesque. All properly dressed? They wear shitty different costumes half the time or give out fliers wearing animal suits, if that's what you think is properly dressed you have a long way to go. And K-ON does it's fair bit for fanservice, don't worry about that.

I rather like slice of life that is really NOTHING ELSE.
Shit have you ever watched a soap opera
smile.gif
Some of those shows are still going even after the actors/actresses have grown old and died off
smile.gif

And yet people still want to watch their overly dramatized mundane lives. And you notice, in soap operas everyone has great hair and looks awesome in general. Oh like that's realistic eh. In soaps, there's normally not one, but three or four plots going on at the same time (This by the way doesn't involve eating cake for five episodes, then playing the same songs they have (we only hear one which we hear all the time, fucking fluffy fluffy time)
[/rantover] Yes I will still watch it, and continue to watch it, I don't dislike it, but sometimes it's just damn boring, first episode was just cake munching and wearing animal constumes AGAIN.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shakraka said:
jamesdiamond said:

trashtaste.jpg

This
J/k

I'm starting to watch anime for the first ever time, don't know if it was a good choice but I have downloaded Code Geass and I have watched episode 1, it waas really cool. Do people like Code Geass? and when I have finished this what to watch next?

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, people think K-ON has no plot???? There's so much plot! They're constantly trying to improve and find ways to make the band relevant.

Honestly, K-ON! was probably my favorite anime ever, and I hope K-ON!! is just as good (judging by the first episode, it will be). I just don't want it to become a generational thing. Like, after the girls graduate, I'd prefer it ending rather than some new girls take their place.

What'd you guys think of the OP and ED? I really really liked both, but I liked the first season's OP better.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
Shakraka said:
jamesdiamond said:

trashtaste.jpg

This
J/k

I'm starting to watch anime for the first ever time, don't know if it was a good choice but I have downloaded Code Geass and I have watched episode 1, it waas really cool. Do people like Code Geass? and when I have finished this what to watch next?
Everyone likes Code Geass, give Eden of the East and Darker than Black a try, both rank in my top five

QUOTE(Danny Tanner @ Apr 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
Wait, people think K-ON has no plot???? There's so much plot! They're constantly trying to improve and find ways to make the band relevant.

Honestly, K-ON! was probably my favorite anime ever, and I hope K-ON!! is just as good (judging by the first episode, it will be). I just don't want it to become a generational thing. Like, after the girls graduate, I'd prefer it ending rather than some new girls take their place.

What'd you guys think of the OP and ED? I really really liked both, but I liked the first season's OP better.
...I'll just pretend I didn't read your post for the sake of my sanity

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If we are already posting youtube fodder:

Code Geass is enjoyable just make sure to turn off your brain and don't try to understand why things are happening the way they are just accept them
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...