Hacking Just received my DS-X and I need help

Shinobi_3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plug the ds-x into my computer, and it doesnt show up anywhere at all. Then, i tried putting it in the ds while connected to the computer, still nothing. I tried different USB ports, different USB cable, removing all other USB things connected to computer. The DS-X works fine when I put it in my ds. it lights up when i connect it to the computer, so, why doesnt anything pop up? I cant put stuff on it if i dont see the folder.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shinobi_3 said:
i plug the ds-x into my computer, and it doesnt show up anywhere at all. Then, i tried putting it in the ds while connected to the computer, still nothing. I tried different USB ports, different USB cable, removing all other USB things connected to computer. The DS-X works fine when I put it in my ds. it lights up when i connect it to the computer, so, why doesnt anything pop up? I cant put stuff on it if i dont see the folder.Do you know how old it is? Different manufacturing batches had different problems. Also, what OS are you on?

QUOTE(Brian117 @ Aug 4 2009, 02:51 AM) What made you buy one?
Now, that's just mean, implying someone would pay money for a DS-X today. ;]

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would recommend that you cut your losses and give up on it. It has difficulties in playing newer games and it isn't going to be updated. Essentially it's a dead cart.

You'd be better off buying an acekard or edge to be honest. Good luck anyway.

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rofl.gif

Shinobi_3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind i fixed it myself, yes it sucks that it doesnt play the newer games, but my cousin wants to pay me for this and with the money he gives me, im gonna buy a EDGE i guess. I had no idea i had to do all this patching, and banking, and patching, and banking, without the banking parts

Shinobi_3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the help guys, the only real problem with this cart is that the newer games dont work and patches never work on them

(shoulda bought an edge card)

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Shinobi_3 said:
thanks for all the help guys, the only real problem with this cart is that the newer games dont work and patches never work on them

There are many more problems with DS-X. No DLDI auto-patching (despite the "homebrew only oriented product" the team wanted to promote), no more support (there was probably NO support at all from the beginning, according to their DEAD official forum), no replacement for dead units, high risk of bricking while updating, p1ngpong's favorite cart, no official downgrade tool, no Mac and GNU/Linux updating tool, no SD slot, huge slowdowns at boot while browsing games and while saving, and many more... Please have mercy for your cousin. No one deserves a DS-Xtreme (including Satan, Bob Barr and Mark Foley).

Shinobi_3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lincruste said:
Shinobi_3 said:

There are many more problems with DS-X. No DLDI auto-patching (despite the "homebrew only oriented product" the team wanted to promote), no more support (there was probably NO support at all from the beginning, according to their DEAD official forum), no replacement for dead units, high risk of bricking while updating, p1ngpong's favorite cart, no official downgrade tool, no Mac and GNU/Linux updating tool, no SD slot, huge slowdowns at boot while browsing games and while saving, and many more... Please have mercy for your cousin. No one deserves a DS-Xtreme (including Satan, Bob Barr and Mark Foley).

lol wow, all i care about is playing ds roms, and so far its playing almost every game i tried, thats all i really care about, im keepin this card im not givin it to anyone anymore

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
lincruste said:
Shinobi_3 said:

Why do you think the Holocaust was so bad?

Hitler bought all the Jews DS-Xtremes while he enjoyed his Cyclo Evo. The DS-X was so bad that nearly 2/3rds of the Jewish population starved and gassed themselves to end the misery it caused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh