Just Quick Question about Private Headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Maturan, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    So i was planning on purchasing a Sky 3DS+ soon and I was reading about how you should use a private header when playing online as to avoid getting banned. The main game I want to play is probably Pokemon Sun/Moon since most of my friends are getting it and want me to hop on too, going to buy it off ModChipsDirect (is there a better site to use in Canada?), as well as Mario Kart 7 and Smash 4. Anyways so I'm most likely going to get the Private Header off my friends Pokemon Sun cartridge. My question is, if we were to verse each other or trade or anything like that where we are both online together with the same header, would I get banned because based off what I know the reason everyone got banned in the first place is because everyone had the same header. Also bonus question I feel like I know the answer but just to double check, can i just keep using that Pokemon Sun header for all other games like Smash 4, Mario Kart, etc?

Last edited by Maturan, Nov 24, 2016
  2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Sky3ds+ doesn't work with Sun/Moon due to AP checks. Smash and MK7 will work fine though.

Maturan likes this.
  3. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    Thank you, is there a cartridge out there that works with Pokemon Sun or Moon and can still play online/be used on the latest firmware?

4. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本

Maturan likes this.
  5. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    i share my private header with my brother since about 1 year. we've never been banned. i didnt try pokemon sun/moon with my sky i will tell you if it supports those games.

EDIT: I can confirm that sky3ds+ doesn't support pokemon sun/moon. Waiting to see if the sky team can resolve with an update.

Last edited by Zetman, Nov 24, 2016
    Maturan likes this.
  6. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    People made it work on SKY3DS+, go to that ISO site to know more.
    Hopefully (well if you like pokémon) the SKY team will release a new firmware soon(tm).

7. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    I looked for something but find anything. I don't care much about pokemon but if this AP will be in all new title it would be annoyng.

sorry for bad english

8. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    You both went online at the same time already?

9. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    yes almost everyday

10. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Nintendo must've stopped banning people with messed headers.

11. Zetman

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    I don't know, maybe it's not as visible than a header shared from multiple players. I tought this way :D

sorry my english sucks

Last edited by Zetman, Nov 24, 2016
  12. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    Thank you very much guys that solves all my questions. Is there going to be an update to be able to play Sun and Moon soon?

13. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Sky3ds+ should be able to play it very soon. Gateway 3DS is already capable of playing it.

14. Clothahump

Clothahump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2015
    Seriously, don't risk it. If you own any game cartridge, try to grab yourself a truely private header from that thing. There has been so much talk and discussion on this topic, and people have been banned for doing exactly what you're aiming to do.
    You're basically asking for a ban.

proflayton123 likes this.
  15. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    Can the Gateway 3DS be used on latest firmware or played online?

16. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    No Gateway can't be used on latest firmware without downgrading. But if you can downgrade why buying a Gateway... That's the only reason to buy a SKY3DS+ and having all the entry point.