Just need a little help

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by kungi, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010

Just need a little help by kungi at 9:24 PM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kungi
    OP

Newcomer kungi Member

United States
    Ok so before i insert my dstti onto my XL and use it. I need to know if i have all my files up-to-date so it works with firmware 1.4U. So far i have dstti-a12, with the latest ysmenu firmware. I kinda wanna hope that i have all the necessary files for it not to brick it. I tried searching the forums but couldnt find it(probably just suck at searching)

If anyone would like to help me out here.

Update: Ok well works on 1.3 but not 1.4 -,- tested it on my cousins dslite, friends dsi(1.3 both) works fine but 1.4u -,- gives me an error. I thought 1.17a12 was suppose to work on 1.4u. so which means i probably need to update a bit more i think. Will come back to this topic after work

2. Phr3d13

Member Phr3d13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Go to LinFox Download "DSTTi_v1.4_firmware.rar". put on sd card, put dstti into a DSlite or pre 1.4 firmware DSi. run "TTi14UPGRADE.nds". Sould work for you. Haven't tested (don't have dsi or ttdsi), but it looks like it should work for you.

3. kungi
    OP

Newcomer kungi Member

United States
    well my mind is being retarded right now. i download the dstti v 1.4 firmware and what do i do with it? it cannot be just simply have those 3 files in the sd only. Something is not adding up here.

UD - well now after eating and re looking at this. I put the upgrade onto my SD with all my file and then run it on a dsi with 1.3 or lower, then it should work on 1.4. Correct me if i am wrong

4. Phr3d13

Member Phr3d13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes a dsi with 1.3 or lower or a ds lite, go into menu, run update like you would a game, let it do it's thing, ten you should be all set (not 100% sure as i don't ave a dsi or a ttdsi)

5. kungi
    OP

Newcomer kungi Member

United States
    I tried to upgrade using the unofficial 1.17a12 but i just get a white screen waited a few minutes but nothin happen. So i am going to try with the official 1.17 and see if it works

Update - well it worked with 1.17, now i gotta see how to get a12 working with it. i liked my ysmenu set up