Just JTAG'd my 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by CEpeep, Feb 11, 2010.

Feb 11, 2010

Just JTAG'd my 360 by CEpeep at 3:24 AM (1,650 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. CEpeep
    OP

Newcomer CEpeep Member

United States
    So I just JTAG'd my 360 and I'm wondering what apps do you guys use on yours? Do you have a favorite dash replacement or a good skin for one?

2. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    xbox-scene.com has some good info on that stuff

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    With the exception of the rebooters like XBReboot right now dashboard replacements I would not say are ready for prime time (at least not in the same way channels are on the wii and dashboard replacements are on the original xbox).

This being said if you want a rough and ready launching app XeXMenu (formerly XeXLoader) is worth a look and XM360 is a nice toy.

If you are still on Xell than try XeLLous instead.

There are a few little apps and while I said the dashboards will not replace the original/rebooted ones just yet poke around http://www.xbins.org/ to find them and you might find they work well for you.

4. jsjar

Member jsjar GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    or you could try xel menu or freestyle dash i'v not tried them myself because my xboxes are not JTAGable but there are some realy nice looking themes coming out for them here spiffy360

5. quepaso

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I installed all my xbla titles to my 60 gig hdd, all my dlc to 60 gig hdd, used xm360 to unlock all of it. Worked fine. Then i extracted all my game iso's onto a USB HDD and i use xexmenu to play them. Theres not much to it lol. xexmenu has a built in ftp for uploading title updates, dlc, xbla, etc. So its basically the only thing i use. I also never use my real profile to run anything homebrew like xexmenu or xm360. I use a new fake profile so that nothing homebrew ever shows up on my games played list. I just sign out when the game starts and sign back in with my real profile for achievements.

6. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    there's no better than good old NXE and XEXMenu

7. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    You might want to look into fan speed patching. MS keeps the fans running slower to keep noise down (lol) and it's supposed to spin up when things get too hot, but it really doesn't do a great job. I keep my fan at 80% most of the time now, which is loud, but keeps things cool.