Apple just jailbreaked Ipod

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just jailbroke my ipod touch and I was wondering is it safe to buy stuff from itunes and the app store and connect to Itunes with Cydia on there?
btw the version is 4.1

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not illegal to jailbreak, it's illegal to pirate.
Just don't update Sunday when 4.2 is released until something comes out to untether it (check the jailbreak guide, it should be posted), otherwise, you won't be able to turn on your iPod without plugging it in and running something.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
Just don't update Sunday when 4.2 is released until something comes out to untether it (check the jailbreak guide, it should be posted), otherwise, you won't be able to turn on your iPod without plugging it in and running something.

Does this apply even If one first un-jailbreaks their iPod? My (still noobish) view is that an un-jailbroken device is safe to do what I want, including an update?
Or does the JB leave something PERMANENTLY in the device's memory?

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Updating my ipod left stuff from the old jailbreak on it.
But it still runs fine

So what happens is, some stuff such as old Winterboard themes
where left on the ipod and mxtube vids, but the main components
of the jailbreak was gone.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An update keeps most of the personnal files, such as themes, and overwrites the system files, where Cydia apps are installed. (that's why they get erased after an update). If you restore, you remove every single trace of a jailbreak, and makes your device like new. So you can go to 4.2 if you restore. You can even restore if you are tethered on 4.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended