Just got this error and I can't find anyone else with this issue

SnackMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3ds has been crashing a lot lately, doing weird things like not being able to turn on, and saying it can't find ctrnand every now and then, but I recently got this error, anyone know what to do?
Post automatically merged:

My 3ds has been crashing a lot lately, doing weird things like not being able to turn on, and saying it can't find ctrnand every now and then, but I recently got this error, anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• 20240910_202929.jpg
    20240910_202929.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

Bodhii99

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know much abt 3ds homebrew but maybe you have a faulty SD card. Again idk just throwing ideas out there and trying to be helpful!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's something that randomly happens intermittently, that sounds like a hardware problem. Probably not much you can do but back up your stuff as soon as you can and get a new unit.
https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:E...xception_screen#prefetch_abort_(kernel_panic)

You could try asking in the Nintendo Homebrew Discord, but I doubt they'll tell you anything different.

I don't know much abt 3ds homebrew but maybe you have a faulty SD card. Again idk just throwing ideas out there and trying to be helpful!
why would you post this

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but anyways the luma update seems to have fixed things, however if it crashes again it's probably hardware like you said
I expect that's a coincidence. There are lots of people out there running outdated versions of Luma and you would have no difficulty finding people with a similar problem if outdated Luma was the cause. But we shall see.

But as long as it's working again, backing everything up is never a bad idea.

SnackMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a bit of an update, while the crashes and errors stopped, at one point my 3ds just froze and I had to force it to power off, I assume this is related, would that mean it's a hardware issue or something else?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So a bit of an update, while the crashes and errors stopped, at one point my 3ds just froze and I had to force it to power off, I assume this is related, would that mean it's a hardware issue or something else?
Did this freeze happen after the crashes and errors stopped, or before?

SnackMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did this freeze happen after the crashes and errors stopped, or before?
After but I haven't gotten one since, so unless something happens the issue seems to be resolved, again, thanks for the help

It still happens, I think Kwyjor might be right sadly... welp, there goes my comfort console

Last edited by SnackMan,

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After but I haven't gotten one since, so unless something happens the issue seems to be resolved, again, thanks for the help

It still happens, I think Kwyjor might be right sadly... welp, there goes my comfort console
Maybe try the homebrew discord, I wouldn’t give up yet. It might be a simple fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Barbies Hamster Wheel of Extreme Justice!!!