Hardware Just got my New 3DS...First Impressions

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question for OP or anyone who owns a New 3DS and still has an old 3DS for comparisons:

Do DS(i) games look any better on the New 3DS in terms of maybe new scaling filters used with the new faster hardware or the new screen is less blurry when scaling older DS(i) games when compared to the old 3DS's screen?

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres my rundown of the New 3DS XL (AU) https://gbatemp.net/review/new-3ds-xl-aus-american-import.240/
So far I'm really loving it. Only got a chance to play demos thus far, but I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase. In my opinion the 3D and c-stick are game changers.

Wait a minute. I recall only one other review (at TGS)mentioning the 3D being visible to multiple people at once. Another review said that wasn't possible. Now you are the second person to mention it. Is it true?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute. I recall only one other review (at TGS)mentioning the 3D being visible to multiple people at once. Another review said that wasn't possible. Now you are the second person to mention it. Is it true?
Makes sense, Nintendo said they widened the viewing angle so kinda like a holographic sticker 3 people could see it from left side middle and right side if they were at the right angles.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense, Nintendo said they widened the viewing angle so kinda like a holographic sticker 3 people could see it from left side middle and right side if they were at the right angles.
I thought the viewing angle was only "widened" by using face-tracking to adjust the 3D to follow your face.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the viewing angle was only "widened" by using face-tracking to adjust the 3D to follow your face.
Yeah just did some looking you're right, I thought it was just a better designed parralellax(fuck spelling) barrier.

What is "3D+" in the settings...?
Or maybe the 3D+ is the toggle for the face tracking and it has a better by design screen.

EpicPal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As some already reported I'm having lightbleed issues trough the case. I thought about slicing aluminum foil inside but the fact that I'm not covered by the warranty and I could screw up is pulling me back.

Any thoughts?

I can't believe they did that to a mass produced console. They should've test it.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure this is a better thread than making a new one for it:

Does anyone know what firmware comes pre-installed on a New 3DS (JPN)? I'd assume it's 9.0 to support the faceplates, but that update came just days before the N3DS started selling in Japan, so I'm afraid it's 8.x or lower.

D

Deleted-355425

I figure this is a better thread than making a new one for it:

Does anyone know what firmware comes pre-installed on a New 3DS (JPN)? I'd assume it's 9.0 to support the faceplates, but that update came just days before the N3DS started selling in Japan, so I'm afraid it's 8.x or lower.

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you have to do the system transfer, the same way as it works today when transferring the content of a 3DS to another one.

I need to transfer my NNID to my new 3ds from an old 3ds-(was messing with it and started my NNID on it), but I want to softmod my new 3DS XL. Will transferring my NNID from the old 3DS to my new 3DS XL interfere with my n3DS fw 11.2? Please and thanks for any help. This was difficult to search for info on because it kept telling me about system transfer which is probably the same as NNID transfer? I wouldn't know lol.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need to transfer my NNID to my new 3ds from an old 3ds-(was messing with it and started my NNID on it), but I want to softmod my new 3DS XL. Will transferring my NNID from the old 3DS to my new 3DS XL interfere with my n3DS fw 11.2? Please and thanks for any help. This was difficult to search for info on because it kept telling me about system transfer which is probably the same as NNID transfer? I wouldn't know lol.
You should make a new thread or post in noob paradise rather than bumping a 3 year old thread.
You can use ctr-httpwn to system transfer without updating, but I don't think it works between all firmware versions, they must be using the same version of the system transfer app.

Reactions: McWhiters9511

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should make a new thread or post in noob paradise rather than bumping a 3 year old thread.
You can use ctr-httpwn to system transfer without updating, but I don't think it works between all firmware versions, they must be using the same version of the system transfer app.

Hmm...I was thinking of starting a new thread but I honestly did a search and found this topic and figured I'd post after the other most recent poster. Sorry about that. I'll do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm not supporting Coke right now, as Africa is supporting russia with troops :creep: