Hacking Just got my gateway...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False, firmware spoofer allows you to play games higher then 4.5. Also to the OP, nothing is wrong with emunand 7.2 except broken eshop. If you just plan to play games then go ahead and update. If you plan to play online, some games (pokemon, mario kart 7, etc) require updates to play online that you cant get until gateway gets past the new 7.2 encryption so you would be out of luck until then.

So let's use Pokemon as an example. Can that run on 4.5? Or would it need to be emuNAND'd?
'Cause from what you're replying to, it seems as though emunand isn't needed at all to play newer games, eh? Sorry, just a bit new to emunand-talk, if you haven't noticed already, haha!

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So let's use Pokemon as an example. Can that run on 4.5? Or would it need to be emuNAND'd?
'Cause from what you're replying to, it seems as though emunand isn't needed at all to play newer games, eh? Sorry, just a bit new to emunand-talk, if you haven't noticed already, haha!

are you talking about the system nand or the emunand ? when you create the emunand it will be the same as your 3DS system nand from 4.1 to 4.5 then you decide if you want to update it or not, Vengenceonu said that emunand can spoof firmware meaning you don't have to update it to play games ( if I understood correctly ) what I don't understand if you used a cart in classic mode and the game requires a firmware higher than the emunand will the spoof work or not ?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you talking about the system nand or the emunand ? when you create the emunand it will be the same as your 3DS system nand from 4.1 to 4.5 then you decide if you want to update it or not, Vengenceonu said that emunand can spoof firmware meaning you don't have to update it to play games ( if I understood correctly ) what I don't understand if you used a cart in classic mode and the game requires a firmware higher than the emunand will the spoof work or not ?

Oh! Wait. So if you emunand on 4.5 (the firmware of my in-coming 3DS), and not update it, you can still play the newer games? Cool B) - I get it now. With each new release, new compatibility for spoofing under gateway mode.

And from what I've read, you can, but under "classic mode"... not sure though. Maybe I'm wrong? I understood everything prior to 2.0, haha! I used Gateway on 1.x.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only purpose of EmuNAND is to allow you to use updated features of the 3DS (eShop mostly) without having to actually update your system NAND. If you only plan to play backups, you do not even need to create an EmuNAND. It does not add any extra game compatibility... the only exception to this is that having access to EmuNAND allows you to use the eShop to download patches for games which you need to play them online.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Ryft said, you don't need emunand to play games unless if it's online. You don't even need to create emunand, I don't have an emunand partition and I'm playing games fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap