Hacking Just got my first 2ds and need some help.

Teebo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 2ds thanks to the Target sale. Im going to pick up a card of some sorts from emulators and roms but I want to do it right.

First how can I stop the 2ds from updating?
Can I go online with it with a flash card in?
Which Card and where to buy? Im wanting to get 3ds roms and emulate snes.
What cant I do with a card in or out of the system (online play, store, ect)
How can I find out my firmware?

Thats all I can think of right now. Thanks

RNP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hate to be that guy, but even the earliest firmware version the 2DS has is non-exploitable as of this moment. You'll have to purchase games as there are no flashcarts that will work on it.

EDIT: Apologies, I thought this was about 3DS specific flashcarts. Disregard my post and just get a Supercard DStwo, keep in mind it will only play DS roms and not 3DS roms as the 2DS cannot use 3DS flashcarts.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Disable WiFi
2. Yes and no. Depends on the game and if it has updates. If there are updates and you don't have them, you can't play it since you won't be able to access the eShop to download the stuff.
3. Gateway or MT-card. Shoptemp.net
4. Store i blocked on the latest firmware.
5. Console settings. If you have a 2DS, you already have a higher than possible firmware for any kind of 3DS mode flashcart.

Also ask your questions here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

DS mode flashcarts do work, I'd recommend the DSTwo if you want even a remotely working SNES emu

Teebo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, So Im sol on getting a card for 3ds games but not ds? Is someone working on a card for 2ds then?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, So Im sol on getting a card for 3ds games but not ds? Is someone working on a card for 2ds then?

The 3DS and 2DS are the same internally. The reason you can't use 3DS Flashcarts is because they require you have a specific firmware version (4.1 - 4.5) for them to function. The 2DS was released AFTER those versions (6.1 was the earliest 2DS firmware released). In the future, flashcards might be able to exploit later firmwares (but don't hold your breath for it to happen soon).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The problem is the firmware. Current methods of running a 3DS mode flashcart require max 4.5 firmware. It would require an exploit to be found on something higher for a 2DS to be able to use the 3DS mode carts.

DS mode is good to go as I mentioned. Shoptemp.net has a good amount of retailers for the different flashcarts.

Teebo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I should of bought a 3ds then. If i decided to return this and grab a 3ds does the above still apply? Main goal is to get 3ds roms.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I should of bought a 3ds then. If i decided to return this and grab a 3ds does the above still apply? Main goal is to get 3ds roms.

It's not that simple. Like we said, the 3DS-game compatible flashcards require EARLIER firrmware versions. If you go out to your local bestbuy and buy one, it will come out of the box with something AFTER 4.5 because its been a long time since that firmware was in rotation. You have to do research before you find one with 4.1 - 4.5. Below is a thread users here use to find consoles that will work.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later