Gaming Just got confused again...

nfrederick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the new firmwares and kernals are out and I dont know what the hell is going on

I have 2 psp slims I want to mod just to be able to play iso's

1 of the psps is firmware version 3.90 and one is 3.95

so I just run psp grader on both of these and then im done?

the differnet firmware versions make a difference?

I have read all the guides and it confuses me even more...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
3.90 will be from the M33 team, which uses DAX's network upgrader to upgrade when possible. The current latest CFW is 4.01 M33-2, although I don't think the PSP upgrader can jump the number gap (3->4) - I hear mixed reports about it.

3.95 will be from the GEN team, a french team who decided to make 3.93 and 3.95 because DAX refused to bother with the minor changes and new features offered. They are made from a less experienced team, but still work perfectly well according to some reports posted here. I have no idea if PSP upgrader will work to update to the latest CFW - 4.01 M33-2.

The difference between the versions is simply the difference between the official updates. Each new release provides slight changes to the coding, and occaisionally new features (such as the new Google search function built in since v4.00). Sometimes CFW makers like M33 release subreleases (e.g M33-2) to fix bugs they find and circumvent any remaining security measures placed by Sony.

If the only thing you want from your PSP is to play ISO and CSO files (pirated or otherwise), then you may aswell stick to v3.80 M33-5 or v3.90 M33-3. Those two are the most stable versions that I've heard of (although I've yet to test out 4.01 M33-2).

nfrederick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so to get v3.90 M33-3 i just need to run pspgrader?

Posts merged

Also want to get ps1 iso's to play, basicly just FFVII

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nfrederick, the hardest part is getting your psp on a custom firmware, once you do that, the upgrades are easy. Just use the psp grader and upgrade to 3.80 m33. Once you do that, go into the menu of your psp and choose "Network Update". It will ask you if you want to update your firmware. Follow the directions and it will do it for you (it looks as if you are upgrading to the official sony firmware, but it is actually upgrading it to DAX's 3.90 M33). After that, if you want to go all the way up to the new firmwares, go to dark-alex.org and follow the directions in the read me.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the 3.90 and 3.95 official firmwares on his unmodded PSP's. If that's the case, then you don't have to worry about it, there is no difference in modding your PSP between firmware versions. Whether you have 3.95, 4.01, 3.90 etc etc. it makes no difference if you are using a Pandora's battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel