biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you know what peeves me off the most? i got absolutely nowhere and i have waste many hours trying to get this dam program to work only to find it give me error messages and won't install the dam thing and no one will bloody help!
angry.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
you know what peeves me off the most? i got absolutely nowhere and i have waste many hours trying to get this dam program to work only to find it give me error messages and won't install the dam thing and no one will bloody help!
angry.gif

Wow! Calm down there. Many people have been trying to help you here the past few days. Just because someone can't provide you with the info instantly doesn't mean we are no help at all.

Now back to the issue at hand...

I'm not sure if formatting the C drive is a safe option for you since you don't have any alternate methods to restore a backup of C if things don't work right. I would boot up the the Dashboard replacement you have installed now and try to FTP into it. Then install XBMC manually per my previous reply.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad I softmodded my Xbox from scratch by myself. If I were to be lazy and bought one pre-modded I would be in the same situation as you, not knowing how things came to be and how it all works.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
cracker said:
I'm not sure if formatting the C drive is a safe option for you since you don't have any alternate methods to restore a backup of C if things don't work right. I would boot up the the Dashboard replacement you have installed now and try to FTP into it. Then install XBMC manually per my previous reply.

thats why i didn't format my C drive and i am glad i didn't as i couldn't install any new files to the C drive or E drive, the auto installer simply wouldn't load properly and kept on giving me a internal error for everything, when i tried to install emus, and install xbmc, my xbox drive was going crazy too and long loading times, i'm thinking it has to be a media problem, i am using dvd+r and i've heard that aint good for philips drives? i've burned other stuff and it's hard to read those games too, thats why i came to that conclusion, so i'm just going to have to buy some dvd -r media (major annoyance)

QUOTE(martin88 @ Mar 25 2008, 11:57 PM) I'm glad I softmodded my Xbox from scratch by myself. If I were to be lazy and bought one pre-modded I would be in the same situation as you, not knowing how things came to be and how it all works.

i wouldn't call it being lazy i just found buying a xbox modded already was a easy way to do it, it would have cost me more if i brought everything separately anyway, and it's not like my fault that i don't know anything, i am trying really hard to understand all of this but i'm getting nowhere at the moment, like i said i've wasted hours just downloading the auto installer and configuring everything only for it to not work at all, i've been looking up for the past week actually for all the info i can find about the different dashboards and so on but trying to understand whats going on is another matter as it's a bit too technical for my liking.

420Smiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme- Ok....this is what you do. First BACKUP EEPROM!!! You can do this by FTPing it from your xbox to your PC. It should be in a folder named BACKUP on the C or E Drives (Easiest way to do this is Backup both the C and E drives to the PC....it's less than a gig of space). You need the backuped Drives ( or EEPROM.bin file) incase your HDD craps out. You use it and "XBOXHdMaker Ver.1.9" to make a new ( or larger HDD) Google "Upgrade Xbox Hdd" for more info....
The reason your HDD is got little space is because the stock HDD is only 8Gb....after mod about half is free'd up...the rest is cache, so dont try to format F Drive. Do that when you get Larger HDD.

Good job on getting XBMC installed!!!!! Go to the XBMC.org forums to learn more about, what has become the BEST dash for the Xbox......XBMC!!!

If you have an HDTV....I personally say check out "Aeon" skin for XBMC. I have a 42" HDTV and I switch up between a couple of different dash skins "MC360","Aeon" and "Xtv". Learn more on XBMC skins at Xbox-Scene. Or Google "Team Blackbolt".....their site is undergoing some changes but they have great info there and links to T3ch's site to D/L new compiles of XBMC (updated every 2 weeks), Links to the Blackbolt forums at Xbox-Scene are there too.

Just so you dont worry......I done my own work to my xbox 2 years ago....never owned an xbox before then. I now own 3 xbox's .....my first has a 300 Gb (W/D) HDD....XBMC (Default dash) with 180 movies, 30 complete TV Seasons,.... Hundreds of Mp3's,.... XMugen, MAMEoX, NES, SNES, Killer Instinct 1+2,.... Avalaunch, MXM, Evox, and UnleashX Dashs (used as Apps).
This Are screenshots of that one........
XBMCscreen.png

I made the theme in that Pic!!!!....Google "XBMC BlackMarket" for Skins+Themes for XBMC Dashboards. Anything with the "FourTwentySmiles" name is me. Hope you like them.

This should cover MOST Every question you are likely to have....but remeber "Google" is your friend.
AND......Try your best to keep your cool.....walk away, it will stay there....and dont "go on blast" in the forum....peeps are less likely to help you if you act like a douche. I'm new here, so I dont know how it's done here, but if you do it in Xbox-Scene Forum.....People will only blast you back and ask you if you know how to work a search engine.

larvi- If you want to make sure that the Xbox you are using as a Media Center doesn't connect to XBL do this......Go to the MS dash ( original xbox dash).....find the settings for XBL and erase any accounts on THAT Xbox. It will still connect to LAN without trying to connect to XBL. NO XBL Account.....NO Connect to XBL!
Hope this helps you out too!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
420Smiles i already setup my xbox and have got everything running...i have used the "vision" beta theme, if anyone wants to download the theme for themselves go to youtube on my channel and click the video there and the link to download it is there.

as for xbox scene their guides aren't that helpful up to date and noob friendly either, the xbox 1 forums over there is basically dead no one posts there anymore.

i can't afford a bigger hard drive right now so it ain't a option right now.

i figured that no one would help me in the end so i gotta figure out everything myself and i did eventually although it wasnt easy at first though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?