Hardware Just got 3DS a week ago.

Xuang

Professional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I just got the 3ds a week ago (no games) I know really sad; so all I have been doing is looking at game previews and and making mii's which takes an hour and then I turn off the 3ds, but when I look at my computer screen or something it feels like the words are kinda in 3d then it goes back to normal. anyone??

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I keep the 3D off personally. I kind of bought the system for the games and their capabilities, and not the gimicky 3d effect. Yes it will do that to your eyes though, so try not to overuse it.

As for actually buying one, you couldn't have picked a better time. We have Sonic Generations (I hope like hell this has Hydrocity Zone and Hidden Palace Zone), Super Mario Land 3D, Super Mario Kart 7, and good stuff like that coming out.

Also, IIRC Zelda Four Swords is still available for free on the Nintendo eShop. You should at least download that before they start charging 6-10$ for it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I keep the 3D off personally. I kind of bought the system for the games and their capabilities, and not the gimicky 3d effect. Yes it will do that to your eyes though, so try not to overuse it.

As for actually buying one, you couldn't have picked a better time. We have Sonic Generations (I hope like hell this has Hydrocity Zone and Hidden Palace Zone), Super Mario Land 3D, Super Mario Kart 7, and good stuff like that coming out.

Also, IIRC Zelda Four Swords is still available for free on the Nintendo eShop. You should at least download that before they start charging 6-10$ for it.
Side note: in 2D graphics are actually 'better' - 800 by 240 px.

And yeah, four swords... Later on... $99.99 ON ESHOP. GWRR

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that happened to me after the first few times playing the 3DS, specifically reading posts in forums, the words seemed to jump out, it was crazy. But after playing it many times, specifically OOT 3D all the way through two times for the original adventure and master quest, the 3D effect outside of gaming has stopped occurring. People will warn you that the 3D effect hurts their eyes, but that was never the case for me, it was weird the first few times, but after enough use, it truly seems natural and I never get eyestrain even after hours of playing in 3D mode.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Side note: in 2D graphics are actually 'better' - 800 by 240 px.

No game actually take advantage of the screen in that manner, at least not yet. Current games in 2D only go to 400x240, basically duplicating each column so that the pixels are shown as if they were 1:1 (as they are physically 1:2 in width/height)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
your eyes are sort of adjusting to see the 3D mode, and after a while your eyes adjust depth perception to the point that it gives you the illusion of increased depth in real life. that's just your eyes playing tricks on you.

with continued use, your eyes will eventually get used to it that the transition from your normal depth perception to 3DS depth will be almost instantaneous. by then, you won't notice any significant difference. your eyes will actually have better distance focus in real life, because your focus is constantly shifting on the 3DS screen (background to foreground to background, etc). sometimes after playing a while, i go to my window to take in some natural light (it helps the eyes relax immensely, but is tiring too), and i feel hawk-eyed when i look at the distance. everything is just so damn crisp all the sudden.

@Discostew and isn't that ratio supposed to be 2:1 width/height? because 1:2 splits the pixel horizontally instead of vertically, and to see 3D in that orientation, you'd need to have your eyes placed vertically as well. :/

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 3DS back in April and I saw 3D in real life object for awhile most ppl do for awhile. It lasted a month for me, I still see 3D on my monitor when I look at the Mii AR code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass