Just for clarification: 11.3 is fine if...

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by naddel81, Feb 9, 2017.

1. naddel81
    OP

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    ... you have EmuNAND and update your (mostly luma3DS-) EmuNAND to 11.3.

... if you have A9LH and update your sysnand to 11.3 you should also be fine.

So what is the worry if the only group affected are the unhacked 11.3 users? They did this (update) intentionally, so they have to wait now!
    11.3 is really harmless if you already have CFW (no matter if EmuNAND or A9LH).

Please correct me if I got something wrong.

2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    If you're using Luma with A9LH, you're good to go. Homebrew Launcher doesn't work yet but that's being fixed.

If you're using another CFW, you might need to wait for a fix.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    In theory, it's fine to update on Luma3DS and the latest nightlies of CakesFW and SaltFW.
    But I would heavily suggest against updating. This update is not harmless, it was a targeted update that introduced a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. As well targeted the Homebrew Luancher, completely crippling the launcher. For users with unhacked systems, they are basically locked to 11.3 until a new downgrade method is found, which is currently unknown.

4. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    There is really no point in upgrading to 11.3 since it introduces nothing. I suggest stay on 11.2 for now, if you don't have to be on the latest firmware.

emuashui likes this.