Hacking Just Dance 2016 problem

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok. Thank you. Do you think this HDD will work on USBLoader GX? I tried CFG and it nothing there.

Well WD's specs say it is USB 3.0 but backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so theoretically it should work a cIOS based on an IOS that has 2.0 (Possibly only IOS 58?) It probably won't work on any that have a USB 1.1 stack.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well WD's specs say it is USB 3.0 but backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so theoretically it should work a cIOS based on an IOS that has 2.0 (Possibly only IOS 58?) It probably won't work on any that have a USB 1.1 stack.
WD? Well you can see I mention about IOS under CFG setting. So any of IOS I have on CFG is good enough to use USBLoader GX? I am very rare to use that. I usually use CFG. I will try on USBLoader GX. I won't able to do it now until tonight after at work. So I will post here or reply in your message because I dont want double post.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, only buy a y-cable if you need it, and of course look for your correct plug type.
Maybe your problem with HDD is not the y-cable but the NTFS?

try HDD again with good format (FAT32) and good setup (port0, using wii backup manager, etc.)
It is NTFS. I am really surprise that it actually work. Anyway it seem work 1TB, which is much easier to use HDD than Flash Drive. But I might need it for Gamecube. I don't want use under USBLoader with Nintendont because I don't want screw up like I did before so I rather separate, unless you can help me out that make sure I didn't screw it up. Anyway about JD2016, I think I know why it is not working. Do you know main menu on Wii system like game icon and game disc icon appear when you put game disc in it? Guess what I saw on JD2016? Nothing. No icon. When I click it, it black screen. I believe I grab wrong kind from website. There is one website I know they usually there, but they are barely have it. If there is nothing there I can find, then that mean I will have to buy it real one.

Last edited by bradzx,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are right. if you don't see game icon, it's probably a bad ISO. try another ISO.

If you want to use nintendont with 1TB HDD, you need to format (and delete everything !) to FAT32.
if you have important files on HDD, make a copy to your PC first because formatting to FAT32 will remove all files.

FAT32 is better for homebrew, you can use the same HDD for all homebrew, no need to change device every time.
You can also use USBLoaderGX to launch gamecube games with nintendont, and have different game settings.
If you have files bigger than 4GB you can't copy to FAT32 ! Wii game is not a problem, but if you have other file like Videos or HD Movie you can't copy to HDD ! so, if you need big file to HDD don't format to FAT32.

If you want to format to FAT32 :
- copy all file to PC (backup !)
- format the partition with this : http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
(PC can't format 1TB FAT32, you need the guiformat program)
choose
- quick format
- 32k/cluster if you can

After format:
- restore backup file from PC to HDD (copy back old file to hdd)
- put gamecube games to HDD too (copy /games/ folder from lash drive to HDD)
- USBLoaderGX should work directly with nintendont (you need to display gamecube games > top menu > 4th icon > gamecube)

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right. if you don't see game icon, it's probably a bad ISO. try another ISO.

If you want to use nintendont with 1TB HDD, you need to format (and delete everything !) to FAT32.
if you have important files on HDD, make a copy to your PC first because formatting to FAT32 will remove all files.

FAT32 is better for homebrew, you can use the same HDD for all homebrew, no need to change device every time.
You can also use USBLoaderGX to launch gamecube games with nintendont, and have different game settings.
If you have files bigger than 4GB you can't copy to FAT32 ! Wii game is not a problem, but if you have other file like Videos or HD Movie you can't copy to HDD ! so, if you need big file to HDD don't format to FAT32.

If you want to format to FAT32 :
- copy all file to PC (backup !)
- format the partition with this : http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
(PC can't format 1TB FAT32, you need the guiformat program)
choose
- quick format
- 32k/cluster if you can

After format:
- restore backup file from PC to HDD (copy back old file to hdd)
- put gamecube games to HDD too (copy /games/ folder from lash drive to HDD)
- USBLoaderGX should work directly with nintendont (you need to display gamecube games > top menu > 4th icon > gamecube)

I wish I can do that, but I dont want go through again when I refresh my computer system cuz of accident install on my computer to screw up my computer and Firefox. So I dont want do this. I will do it when I buy other one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE