Just brought an Wii...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Inu268, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

Just brought an Wii... by Inu268 at 2:02 AM (883 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Inu268
    OP

Member Inu268 woof

Brazil
    alright, I bought an Wii this weekend, and so far I'm loving it, I am even thinking aobut skipping work to play XD
    Now, my Wii came with backup loader gamma beta 0.3 on it, and I upgraded to firmware 4.0 ( that was the only way for me to acess the shop channel >.>) the backup loader is still working, but I want to install the new one, as two of my games are not working in this version (nights and mario tennis)
    so, how do I upgrade my loader? do I need to downgrade my Wii first or I can do it with firmware 4.0?
    I was reading this topic:
    http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html
    and it says that to upgrade I just have to change the files in m,y SD card, but the loader is not on my SD, it is on the Wii itself so I don't know what to do....
    thanks for your attention, hope to get an answer soon

2. mmik

Newcomer mmik Member

United States
    Not to pick on you, but I'd like to help you out with this; I believe you mean "bought a wii"

3. luser404

Newcomer luser404 Member

United States
    Do you have the homebrew channel installed? That is an Important Detail, please clarify.

4. darkrai1009

Newcomer darkrai1009 Advanced Member

Philippines
    hmm....intresting...Just buy a modchip because modchip is better than hardmod or u install a new backup launcher..

5. Inu268
    OP

Member Inu268 woof

Brazil
    yeah, I meant bought, been a long time since I last used that word =p

I don't think I have a homebrew channel, just the backup loader channel
    I thought that I was buying a modded Wii, guess the guy from the vidoe game store ripped me off >.>

6. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    Try the homebrew channel ISO for 4.0 (I think there is one available through this site) through the backup loader channel, I'm not sure if you need that one using Gamma, if not try the one straight from the source. I'd link to it but wiibrrew seems to be down right now. You have got a softmodded wii, but it seems to be one from a cheat who thinks getting rid of the homebrew channel will stop them getting caught.