Hacking Just bought an EZ flash and need to know what else to download and ins

Daniminal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently I have the R4DS card and I just recently bought an EZflash V 3-in-1. I also already have the software for converting the GBA games into NDS games.
where I'm stuck is at what else I would need to download and/or install onto my R4DS card, or if there is anything else I have to do for the EZflash V card (like the sytem files I had to download for my R4DS when I got it).after reading the guide on the DLDI I'm still confused. I wanted to make sure that I had all the tools I needed before I say it's not working. I've gone back to square 1 with the things I've downloaded and put on my card since when I got it, so I'm starting fresh and wanted to know which tools and files I need.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The software you have, NDStation, is outdated and won't work on any new 3in1 units. Use GBA ExpLoader instead. All you have to do is put GBA ExpLoader on your card, launch it, and use that to copy a *.gba file to the 3in1's RAM (or NOR) before launching. Save management involves a couple extra steps that I'm not sure about, but all in all it's a fairly simple process.

Daniminal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, that definitely worked quite simply. I got my initial information on how to play GBA games on my DS from youtube videos and I was trying to get that info to work instead of searching for other ways. kind narrowed my vision you could say.
maybe I only found an earlier version, but the GBA exploader I have now (I think V 0.57) doesn't play files larger than 16mb. this means I can't play mother 3 (the incentive to buy the EZflash V) or riviera. is there a more updated version that allows for larger files, or another way to play those larger games?

Daniminal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I hope so. I'll be checking around this weekend because I want to order a slot 2 for Mother 3...

ok, so after messing around with some of the function of Exploader I know it a little better now. so far, I've been able to play Mother 3 by opening exploader. pressing R once (to change from psram mode to NOR mode). press x after you're scrolled over your patched mother 3 game. save like normal and load the same way each time. as far as I know this is working cosistenly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm