Just beat Portal 2. OH MAN what a great game.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
So I just beat Portal 2 now. I played for about 20 hours when I finished, only checking a walkthrough once

(WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT AT LEAST GOTTEN TO CHAPTER 8)
FUCKING WHEATLEY CHAMBERS

and it was great. I mean, I thought the magic would be gone after playing the first game, but no, they topped the original in every way. They really outdid themselves. Also:

(DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME!!!

GLaDOS have some sense of humanity was strange. I expected her to delete her memory of Caroline, though. At least she has the bots to test with now.
wink.gif

I really like how the related Single player and Coop to lol.

What are your guy's thoughts on the game? new mechanics, story, gameplay, etc.?

Also, my favorite new thing was the Speed Gel. I loved shooting across floors at top speed lol. Pretty cool. They really did add enough new content to keep every test chamber and "other" sequences fresh.

Please remember spoiler tags if you're commenting on the story lol.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Portal 2 is truly a great game. Its really hard to make a sequel thats better than the first, but they did it.
wink.gif

Picking out some good parts is just too hard, but I love the feeling you get after being stuck on a level really, really long, but finally find the solution
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(It's called propulsion gel.)
I finished it yesterday, when I got it working again (would've finished earlier, otherwise). I'd made the playtime shoot from about 3 hours from Tuesday to about 11 hours yesterday.
The ending was great; especially the scene when you portal to the moon and afterwards. Quite enjoyed the space scenes, with Wheatley talking to himself and that other core just floating around.
tongue.gif

And the song...the song is great too.
biggrin.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I loved the game.
THe gels were great, as were the gravity beams and light bridges. Cave Johnson's levels were the hardest for me. I found it hard to see the path to the end which would have been obvious in test chambers.
Completed the story today, all I have to say is wow! So well done
smile.gif
Played some co-op today. And to avoid spoiling
I think GLaDOS misses human subjects. Chel could make a return to the testing chambers.
Played the first 4 sets. If anybody feels like coop-ing sometime just hit me up. My Steam addy's the same as my forum name.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha.

I know she was lying, you could tell in the song she lisses Chell.
smile.gif
It's funny though. I loved the salute from all the turrets as she was leaving Aperature lol. What was up with the big King one in back?
tongue.gif

AND OH YES, the LEMONS. I was laughing so hard. XP

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
I know she was lying, you could tell in the song she lisses Chell.
smile.gif
It's funny though. I loved the salute from all the turrets as she was leaving Aperature lol. What was up with the big King one in back?
tongue.gif
It was a joke from Emergency Testing you must have missed.

D

Deleted_171835

I just beat the game today and boy was it great!

Took me about 13 hours. I've noticed the game was much longer than the original Portal.

Wheatley's chambers were the hardest for me (with the exception of the first one
tongue.gif
). Cave Johnson's pre-recorded messages made the otherwise boring chambers bearable.

I have a feeling Wheatley is going to make a return in Portal 3 (if and when that comes).

Also, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finished co-op the other evening. Played the first couple of courses with Jamstruth and then played those and the rest of the co-op with Minox.

Of course, I'm willing to play co-op with others if they so wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5