Just a quick question before I buy another acekard 2i.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dalonehunter, May 5, 2010.

1. dalonehunter
    OP

dalonehunter Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2010
    United States
    New York City, NY
    I bought an acekard 2i a few weeks ago for my new DSi but as it turns out, my DSi was updated to 1.4u and I didn't know you needed at least 1.3 firmware or a dsl to update the card so I can use it. I'm going to order another one with a a pre-updated memory card. The problem is that I'm not too sure which site I should choose. I found one at 0shippingzone.com, shoptemp.com and leetmod.com.

At 0shippingzone I can get it pretty cheap, and with pre-updated memory, compared to the other two. I just want to make sure with you guys that it's legit and I'm getting a working, real card. Also, is 4 GB enough? That's the highest they offer a 0shippingzone. Thanks. [​IMG]

2. KevFan

KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2010
    from what i hear its legit

3. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I bought one from 0shipping about a month and a half ago. Was completely legit, and they even threw in a free extendable stylus!

4. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    All 3 shops are fine and sell genuine carts, but bear in mind that LeetMod is in the US while the other 2 are in HongKong. So shipping times will be lower from LeetMod.

4GB is fine, should be enough for 50-100 (trimmed) ROMS.

5. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    If you have a little cash up front, some people have gone and bought a used or new DS Lite to run the firmware update and then returned it when they were done. If you don't feel right about doing that, I would either do Shoptemp (if not in a rush) or Realhotstuff (faster ship). Realhotstuff charges a little more, but the shipping is free & fast within the US at least.

US$16.50 -Ships from China- http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html
    US$22.00 -Ships from New Jersey- http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html

6. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

Mar 18, 2010
    Scotland
    same here

but just get a friends ds phat/lite to update it and get a mem card from amazon

also about your mem card size question 4 should be ok however bigger is always better

7. dalonehunter
    OP

dalonehunter Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2010
    United States
    New York City, NY
    Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I would but all my friends have updated DSi's. [​IMG] I ended up buying it at leetmod. Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations. [​IMG]

8. m0nkeyf00t

m0nkeyf00t Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    you can always go to any game store and borrow one for 5 min most of the clerks are geeks like us anyway [​IMG]

9. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    darn it! could you give me your old acekard 2i? haha
    Im still stuck with R4
    and btw SImplyMods and 0shipping will do fine, too.