Just a question about Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by OfficialBrony, Dec 31, 2016.

1. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Should I get a Gateway?
    My n3ds xl is on 11.2.0-35U with a9lh and luma3ds
    I kinda want to try Mario Kart 7 online hacks
    I have ntr cfw but I don't know how to use online hacks with ntr but I seen videos on how easy it looks with Gateway. I know that online hacking may result in a ban but this isn't on my main NNID so I'm not worried about it

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    The ntr dev deliberately disabled online. Apparently there is a file that can be modified to enable online in ntr but I know nothing about it.

Gateway is the number 1 solution for online cheating.

Edit: I feel like being an asshole, can anybody share some MK7 online cheat codes for gateshark? I've tried the ones on fort42 and they don't work.

Last edited by Jao Chu, Dec 31, 2016
  3. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    1) gateway is never worth it now because everything thats done with gw is done with cfw now

2)ntr prevents online cheats because this was intemtional by its dev, to stop things like servers crashing. So do something offline, save, then go online. Farthest you get in that department. Plus despite being easy, its almost the same limitation

3)bans are to the console, NOT the nnid, as you can still sign your nnid into a wiiu. Your specific consoles localfriendseed.bin gets flagged on a server and can't be circumvented without a second donor 3ds

Also with bans, you won't get banned unless 2 people are using the same game header (only if your using a flashcard) or if you play a game online before its released in your region

Last edited by Sketchy1, Dec 31, 2016
  4. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Incorrect, no CFW comes close to Gateways cheat engine. Essentially every NTR cheat plugin comes from codes that were initially created with gateway cheat search function.

M tha MaN likes this.
  5. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    I'm not referimg to cheats specifically, they have a better cheat menu, but cheats can still be done nonetheless online with cfw
    And every other feature they offer can be done on a cfw

6. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks guys, but would Gateway work on my Sys 11.2.0-35U console?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

7. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Depends. If it already has cfw, then yes. But if its a stock vanilla, then no

Cfw:
    Either a9lh or emunand
    Vanilla console:
    An out of the box console with no hacks whatsoever

Last edited by Sketchy1, Dec 31, 2016
  8. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    Should be fine if they get it set up right, they just need to be careful when in Gateway mode (since it's kind of a hot mess with A9LH)

OfficialBrony likes this.