Just a heads up... PSN password reset

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by GameWinner, Nov 26, 2013.

1. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Sony is resetting passwords because of a security scare. If your password says incorrect, you have to change it. Currently on hold with Sony now (40 freakin' minutes).

2. jakrodriguez

jakrodriguez Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    Than you for this, guess that topic I made about the issue i was having is no longer needed.

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    For anyone wondering here's a source summing up the situation. Nothing serious. Just a precautionary measure in case somebody does have something in mind. They had done this in Europe a few days ago, but apparently it's considered enough of a threat to extend the password resets to other regions as well.

4. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    My account is back but now my EU account is incorrect. Guess I won't be using that anymore. :/

5. joelv6

joelv6 Neku

Jan 24, 2013
    United States
    CA
    no bueno

6. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    wow just fucking wow sony... if you screw me out of tons and tons of fucking money i spent on DLC i will fucking sue the living shit out of your asses until i cork them a new one!!

7. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    If you didn't sign up with legitimate details that would allow you to change your password, isn't that more your problem?

8. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    You're pretty stupid aren't you?

When your bank puts a hold on your credit card because there's suspicious activity, do you threaten to sue your bank? No, you don't (at least I hope you don't otherwise you don't belong to live among the rest of society).

That's what this is. How would they screw you out of your DLC? You lose your account, you contact Sony, boom, all of your stuff back. They're not going to say "oh well, too bad".

inb4 Sony is worse than the mafia.

9. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    no no no... you mis-read me once again...

i was talking about the gamesharing aspect of it.

10. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Wait, what? Who and where is the mention to gamesharing? I kinda have a problem following what you were trying to say :blink:

As for the matter, it's good that Sony does this. At least they don't leave the service vulnerable.

11. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah it literally made no sense. I read when he quoted me, never bothered to replied. He makes no sense.