JUS: hack

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sir Eagle, Jan 12, 2011.

Jan 12, 2011

JUS: hack by Sir Eagle at 2:55 PM (1,211 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Sir Eagle
    OP

Newcomer Sir Eagle Member

Netherlands
    As the title suggests, Is it possible to add your own Koma's to JUS. I've googled it, but couldn't find anything at all.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yes.

However it's not easy, and you do not have the skills to do it (or you would not have asked). It will take a ton of programming skill. Either find a good programmer and pay or bribe or convince them to do it (considering the amount of work it'd take and the fact that it's just a videogame you're likely going to have to pay or bribe) and maybe it'll get done.

Otherwise remove the thought because it won't happen.

3. Sir Eagle
    OP

Newcomer Sir Eagle Member

Netherlands
    Crap... That's too bad. I didn't think it'd be that hard since adding songs to guitar hero for example isn't all that hard either.

4. Rydian

United States
    That's a totally different thing (programming-wise) than adding characters.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    There was a project that was going to be hacking one of the Jump _______ Stars games for various balance issues/fixes.
    You could ask them for info on how to do it (they may know of a simple way or the tools to do so) or offer your changes as a suggestion (I'd recommend you explain WHY your changes should be made, but keep in mind they're goal is/was to balance the game).

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure this involves pretty major code editing which isn't beginner friendly.

6. Rydian

United States
    The balance thing would be more along the lines of tweaking already-existing values (such as strength, knockback, and ability timeouts), whereas adding a new character (or changing the actual moves of another) is on the next level.

7. twiztidsinz

United States
    I didn't get into it (I just like reading about the projects), but from the sound of it they were fixing some komas but also wanted to replace others either by changing the stats to something else completely or stats + character (like taking ones from old games maybe?). Both of which I think would be or is close to what Sir Eagle is looking to do.

Then again, I don't know if they got anywhere.
    It seemed to be a lot of talk with no one who would be able to do what they were looking for. They may have asked elsewhere and gotten assistance though.

8. Rydian

United States
    Yeah I paid attention for a couple pages and then left when they were too busy fighting over what was underpowered or not and spending no time on actually finding a hacker.

9. twiztidsinz

United States
    lol, ditto.