June 2, Steam Client Update

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For Deck owners not following the latest news, there's a few interesting ones in the June 2 update..
  • Added Game Resolution setting to App Properties, allowing players to override the max display resolution for games, on a a per-game basis
  • Added mouse cursor (using right trackpad) for built-in web browser interactions when connected to an external display
  • Improved default aspect ratio behavior for external monitors - games will now default to 1280x800 for 16:10 external displays and 1280x720 for all other external displays
  • Improved UI performance in game carousels
  • Improved UI performance when connected to an external display
  • Improved controller order when using external gamepads to assign the controller slots by the order of input. This should help with compatibility in games which locked onto the Steam Deck controller.
  • Fixed 'Enable updated fan control' toggle not remembering its state across reboots
  • Fixed Bluetooth controllers not working on the lockscreen
  • Fixed some formatting issues on the Steam Deck Chord Summary page
  • Fixed issue preventing deletion of some controller layouts
  • Temporarily disabled adaptive brightness toggle, as it was causing performance and stability issues. Big thanks to the community for catching this weird bug - we're working on a fix for it now.

Reactions: Xzi and Taleweaver

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you've been struggling with external displays then this should go some way to help.

I'm glad they finally addressed the adaptive brightness issue too.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That 'game resolution' thing comes right on time. I've got shadow of the ninja on gog, and while installing it through heroiclauncher works great, running the actual game(through desktop mode) results in a weird resolution all the time. I gave up after my whole desktop looked funky and had to do tricks to set it back to its original setting. But i'll try again by adding it as a non steam game. :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay... Finally came around to it: adding heroiclauncher as a non steam game worked perfectly. From there i can download, install and run both my gog and epic games. And mark of the ninja (had the wrong name in previous post) users correct resolution within it. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: