Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

fixmyjapwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OKAY, here we go - I've read almost all and tried to do what I can, and I think I speak for quite a few others out there in my boat.
I have a wiikey'd ntsc-j wii. It is of course Semi-bricked by strikers, however it plays strikers just fine. It cannot go online since the setting cannot be edited ergo I cannot dl the newest J version firmware
ph34r.gif
there are still no games out to fix this, correct? Any advice anyone?

Here's my main issue, I'm on a MAC so most of the brick blocking progz don't seem to help much, so my first question is: any advice as we stand now? and 2: any advice for a mac user?

Here's where I'm really pissed off - I, like most people, am having a hard time getting Metroid to run. After weeks of having it not work, for some reason the game started up today. Then an hour into it it gave me the 'disc cannot be read' error and I've never seen the start up menu again. What's going on??
Also, I'm aware of the WIKIcompatibility page, but there's no info on ntsc-j games being played on an ntsc-j machine... given bbacademy-j doesn't work on a wiikey'd ntsc-j system (it doesn't seem to work anywhere?), but why won't Gundam (0079, not hammers... that worked) work?

I've been reading here since the start, and this is my first post so be nice
lecture.gif

Help me play these damn gamez

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have bad disc. I have a semi-J and i can play BBA-J (just that obviously its in JAP). No problems playing Metriod-U either.

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
The main problem we are all facing now is that our precious little Wiis are being semi-bricked by that big bad Metroid Prime 3. Hopefully someone will find a new Jap game with updates to unbrick our little investment and post it here ASAP. Now in the meantime, i hope some group will release Dewy's Adventure U/C that is playable on our Jap Wiis. Been waiting for this game to fill the void only to have it shattered. don't feel like buying the Jap ver. Sigh. Should have bought an US Wii.

fixmyjapwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't regret getting a jap wii - I had the first one sold out of Shinjuku Tokyo ^^ Ergo it's got heaps of personal value (haha)
but what I would give to play MP3U....
I played 45 min before BSOD (black screen of death)
and then an 45 min 2day before BSOD.... I'm at the end of Norion...
but it just won't work
I wiikey patched 1.09.... and all that did is make gc isos unplayable ><

We should start a support group; Semi-Bricked Jap-Wii users

Y'know, if this is the 'security' that came with mp3u & bba (u&j... J is iffy when it wants to work) and strikers...
Who knows what will be in mario galaxy... are they gonna blow the wiimotes up? lol

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow, your wii has so much problems. i never have problems with gc isos even when patched to latest 1.9b. i even played them using dvd+rw discs. i feel that there's no difference cause my eternl darkness PAL still doesn't work. so much for the gc all region free. maybe ntsc wii can't output 50hz is true cause that game only changes to 60hz when B is press at the starting screen which the BSOD happens before i can press it. i bought jap wii cause it's cheaper than the US set. in my country that is. never tried BBA cause don't feel like playing a text heavy jap game. hope nintendo doesn't go to that route. sounds like a terrorist plan like in die hard 4. they would make wii fail like n64 and gc when it can't play those games.

shadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@fixmyjapwii

I agree with 1ns4nity that you might have bad discs... I've got Gundam 0079 and MP3-U working fine on my Wiikey'ed Jap Wii...

fixmyjapwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm double baffled now... metroid's running now, outta the blue - but no go on 0079 or yawaraka (I can play it 40% of the time, but just now when I had some friends over the thing bsod's on me >

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
for wii 3.0 J (normal, no semi bricked, or double channel yet)
guys, if we wait for mp3 j then update the channel patch.
after that insert mp3 u
i wonder will it solve the problem (double channel)?
if yes, just wait for mp3 j, then played mp3 u
any comment?

fixmyjapwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ps3nano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I could dl another copy of yawaraka - I wanna try burning it on a slower speed

Why bother redownloading? Just read it into an ISO file using IMGBurn. <
Waiting for MP3J, I guess
I'm still fearing Mario, lol
we all saw the dangers of paper mario (has that been dealt with yet?), imagine what galaxy mario will do to us
lol
NO HOPE

every soft with FW2.0J ,so you can't hope NEW SOFT comes LATEST FW. Just FIRST UPDATE FW2.0J(add channel NEWS WHEATHERS)

ps3nano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone say New soft with Fw3.0 comes your broken Wii is fixed

I think NO hope.

becouse every Soft with Fw have same Update.

No update.

2.0J

So you hack wii bios then you make custome FW.

never comes FW3.0J

kennoel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I read on the HK website that Dragonball Z Sparking!! Meteor is out since Oct-3 and may have the 3.0J, I've almost got it, has anyone else been able to give it a try on a semi-brick?

pandapandapanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii has been updated to 3.0J using WiiConnect and I also updated the WiiKey to 1.9b. If I try to play MP3 now for the first time will I still get the 2 extra channels?

shadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My Wii has been updated to 3.0J using WiiConnect and I also updated the WiiKey to 1.9b. If I try to play MP3 now for the first time will I still get the 2 extra channels?

Yes, you will. Only way known right now to not get the double channel is the power-down trick. No idea what's the long term effect of the trick though. Some people are reporting Sonic not working after the trick. I can't confirm though since I don't have Sonic...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: