Hacking JP WiiWare on US console?

noon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load Mr. Driller NTSCJ (wiiware) but facing problems. Tried plain, tried freethewads both NTSCU and regionfree, tried with and without preloader region free channel hacks. Most of the time it locks up the wii at a black screen. Other times it kicks me back out to the menu right away. Tips appreciated!

Would my cIOS play a role? I haven't tried this since I upgraded to rev 14 from rev 10. And does anyone have a link to freethewads? The version I have says "testing version" when I load it (got it from a thread here..)

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The method you described is more of an "all else fails" work-around. It's much easier to install the necessary IOS files (38, 53, 55) that will work in 98% of cases than hack each individual Wiiware game you want to install. So, my advice is to install the IOS files needed and be done with it in one shot.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sl33p said:
The method you described is more of an "all else fails" work-around. It's much easier to install the necessary IOS files (38, 53, 55) that will work in 98% of cases than hack each individual Wiiware game you want to install. So, my advice is to install the IOS files needed and be done with it in one shot.

Sl33p is right. The Preloader hack works just fine for that game (and every other J game I've ever thrown at it). You're almost surely missing an IOS. Much better to have all of your IOSes than to muck about forcing games to run on others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.