JP WiiWare on US console?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noon, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009

JP WiiWare on US console? by noon at 2:15 PM (865 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. noon
    OP

Newcomer noon Member

United States
    I'm trying to load Mr. Driller NTSCJ (wiiware) but facing problems. Tried plain, tried freethewads both NTSCU and regionfree, tried with and without preloader region free channel hacks. Most of the time it locks up the wii at a black screen. Other times it kicks me back out to the menu right away. Tips appreciated!

Would my cIOS play a role? I haven't tried this since I upgraded to rev 14 from rev 10. And does anyone have a link to freethewads? The version I have says "testing version" when I load it (got it from a thread here..)

2. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most likely you need to install IOS 53 and IOS 55.

3. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
    This has worked with every out of region wii ware that i have had problems with try following the guide and playing around with some of the settings. The guide was written for usa so keep that in mind

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160247

4. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The method you described is more of an "all else fails" work-around. It's much easier to install the necessary IOS files (38, 53, 55) that will work in 98% of cases than hack each individual Wiiware game you want to install. So, my advice is to install the IOS files needed and be done with it in one shot.

5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sl33p is right. The Preloader hack works just fine for that game (and every other J game I've ever thrown at it). You're almost surely missing an IOS. Much better to have all of your IOSes than to muck about forcing games to run on others.

6. noon
    OP

Newcomer noon Member

United States
    Missing IOSs fixed this prole. Along with preloader region hacks! thanks!