JP Wii U Virtual Console

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nico87, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Nico87
    OP

Nico87 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Norway
    Hi! Getting a JP Wii U on the cheap to use as a retro machine only. Does anyone with sufficient experience and knowledge with a JP Wii U know if all of the Virtual Console games are playable on the Gamepad like the VC games are in NA/EU? I'm guessing they are but the amount of games is obscene. A lot of work involved in making them all playable on the pad.

Thanks!

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I play 99% of my games via loadiine (any region you like) on the game pad. N64, SNES and NES work great, haven't tried any other systems yet.

No work required other than grabbing/injecting and making icons :)

Last edited by KiiWii, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Nico87
    OP

Nico87 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Norway
    Thanks for your reply! Piracy is not going to happen (I know I'm in the wrong place :P) but nice to know either way!

4. Nico87
    OP

Nico87 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Norway
    Oh, another thing; will I be able to access the JP eShop on a JP Wii U at all from Europe? I know I got connected to the US eShop on my US Wii, don't know about Wii U's though.

5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I do not think it matters, the console will connect to the servers for the region it is, as long as Nintendo does not apply geo-restrictions for the servers in the future the console should work outside of Japan.