Hardware Joycon d-pad/ PS4 d-pad shell.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely more than feasible to pull off (beside perfect delivery of hd rumble and build quality), massively beneficial (not that Nintendo is trying to limit the use of d-pad. If only Nintendo came up and trade mark Dual Shock d-pad instead of sony), and very customization.
Sadly Nintendo will eventually release d-pad joycon for higher price.

Last edited by Yil,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So you take the joy-con apart and put the electronic part into a new shell, with a d-pad connected to the d-pad sensor instead of four circular buttons.

There are some shells that give you a full dpad.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Theorize, but I was hoping someone have would actually make it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like?
BASSTOP on Amazon has some Joycon shells with dpad.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theorize, but I was hoping someone have would actually make it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like?

Like this
20zwi06.jpg

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to own one of this? I haven't seen anyone post feedback on how that dpad feels.

Yes I make them myself. It's a solid feeling d-pad, but it isn't a traditional d-pad. There is no "travel" with it, it's more just "on/off" with each direction. Works better than just the buttons for fighting games though, in my opinion.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think Nintendo will release a version with a proper D-pad. I think that would be good business and maybe a plan; I think electronic companies make some choices just to release a better version later on. That left Joy-con with buttons instead of a D-pad is pretty stupid, how often are you gonna play 2-players like that and why not in those more rare cases then just play with a D-pad as buttons.

A white one with colored buttons like the New 3DS is gonna be released once the sales curve starts to dip (I know there are DIY kits like that already). That's just what I hope, but also a possibility.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo will release a version with a proper D-pad. I think that would be good business and maybe a plan; I think electronic companies make some choices just to release a better version later on. That left Joy-con with buttons instead of a D-pad is pretty stupid, how often are you gonna play 2-players like that and why not in those more rare cases then just play with a D-pad as buttons.

A white one with colored buttons like the New 3DS is gonna be released once the sales curve starts to dip (I know there are DIY kits like that already). That's just what I hope, but also a possibility.
I've used sideways joycon a lot.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've used sideways joycon a lot.

Ok, in a case like that I think it would be good to have a Joy-con with a proper D-pad as well. And you can chose which one to use depending on the situation. Even if you have used it a lot am I wrong in thinking you still used it by yourself a lot more? I don't get why a D-pad can't be used as buttons in that case instead. But having both and being able to chose is great I think. And I do believe Nintendo will release such a Joy-Con, maybe at the same time as Switches in new colors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself