1. Crimson Cuttlefish

OP Crimson Cuttlefish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I mean, each Joy-Con has all the same buttons and everything, could thsi be done? Has it been done?
    I have two sets of Joy-Cons, the left in each set has drift while both rights are spared.

EDIT: Thank y'all for the info, but I should've clarified I meant software-side. Would there be a way to make the console recognize a right con as a left con?
    Thank everyone for any and all info.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  2. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    The joystick and connector is generic to both, so you can use the joystick in the right and put it in the left joycon...

As for swapping the the internals, right has NFC and infrared were as left does not.
    Also the layout of the boards are slightly different.

3. Crimson Cuttlefish

OP Crimson Cuttlefish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My bad, I should have mention software-side.

4. komabear

komabear Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    You should look into buying new analogues. When I had the drifting problem I bought a pair of analogues on aliexpress, it was really cheap and it came with the screwdriver (although the screwdriver was pretty bad, I'd advise on getting a separate one with good reviews).

The process is pretty easy. I don't mess with this type of stuff often but I just followed a youtube tutorial and everything went smoothly. Ended up changing the analogue on both joycons.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Reversal, Possible,