Joy con least likely to be defective?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by BryanNigson, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BryanNigson
    OP

BryanNigson Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Norway
    Hi

Got some bad experience with joy con grey. Had huge sync/disconnect issues and I got it replaced from warranty only to have the exact same issue with the new one.
    I'm wanting to buy a new pair, but it's difficult to know what's the newest revision/variant (like color combo) or the one with the least reported issues.

Anyone have a clue?

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    To this day I haven't found any joycon without poor range / sync problems.
    Last one I tried was from June.
    If you happen to find one that works right for more than one hour some 4 meters away from the console let me know.

3. BryanNigson
    OP

BryanNigson Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Norway
    Jesus, is it that bad still?
    Considering the price, how is it worth it... I have used DS3 and a fake ds3, 2 fake wiimotes and neither has pretty much ever missed an input. And that's 10+year old technology. The heck is going on

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    TBH, I have used many controllers, some fake Wii U Pro Controllers, I've even used my Xbox One controller to control my PC (that was in another room) and play it on the TV using some streaming app... and none failed as much as the joycon only 4m away from the switch.