Hardware Joy-Con has become loose in Switch?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So my left Joy-Con (ironically the one going in the slot I wasn't putting the jig in) has become loose and is easily taken out of the console without much force. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a simple task of having to buy a new joy-con? I know it must be the Joy-Con because the holder that forms a controller has the same issue where you can just pull it out? So if anyone knows if its easily fixable I'd appreciate it! Otherwise might just buy that Hori left Joy-Con...

Reactions: sorabora

Batpeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue and using warranty I sent it back to Ninty for repairs. They repaired it for free and only need the single defective joycon.

Last edited by Batpeter,

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, this drives me crazy, though mine doesn't come loose. It just has a lot of "play" or "flex" - slight, loose movements. Moreso on the left joycon than the right.

I'm not sure if this is by design or just the way it is. Wish it wasn't, though.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, this drives me crazy, though mine doesn't come loose. It just has a lot of "play" or "flex" - slight, loose movements. Moreso on the left joycon than the right.

I'm not sure if this is by design or just the way it is. Wish it wasn't, though.
Replacing the buckle in the joycon will fix that problem

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If you can take a look at your joy-con from the back, you can see the little plastic piece is little broken.
Mine have the same problem.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 4.08.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 4.08.26 PM.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 194

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure about direct linking, but is this what you're speaking to? It's described as an "Alloy Buckle Lock."

Thanks @TheCyberQuake
Yes. That is the latch inside the joycon that locks it in place. The plastic one by default can get chipped over time and get loose, or even in bad cases just fail to hold the joycon in at all.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place down pieces of clear tape inside the joycon rail. That's all I'll bother to type up since I went over it extensively in some other post long ago. It's such an easy fix. You simply create pressure between the joycon and the rail.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I believe the buckle is damaged my younger brother probably put some force on it which damaged it. Would be nice if Nintendo would replace it but then I'd be 1 Joy-Con down for a while! I might try some tape on it too, it doesn't slide out thankfully it's just irritating. Thanks guys!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place down pieces of clear tape inside the joycon rail. That's all I'll bother to type up since I went over it extensively in some other post long ago. It's such an easy fix. You simply create pressure between the joycon and the rail.
That's only a temporary fix. If you can replace the actual broken part why not? The problem usually gets worse as time goes on, and tape won't fix it when it's broken to the point where it doesn't latch at all. It will help hold it in, but one bump and it's disconnected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amd is a bit cheaper though