Jenkkrystal - Sun/Moon Texture Mod (WIP) [English / Spanish]

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Jenkkrystal, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    English

Hi!, I am creating a mod with alternative textures for Pokemon Sun/Moon.

The project consists of replacing the textures of some pokemon (especially shiny textures) with others that I consider better. In addition, I also change the textures of pokemon that have gender differences, to make them more appreciable and unique.

Progress

For now, I have made for myself over 130 / 2,300~ textures xD !!
    I plan to share this mod when I complete at least the first generation.

List of Pokemon with edited textures:

Work in Family

It takes some time to make custom textures with a decent level of quality, so if someone wants to contribute with their textures, you can do it!
    Of course, textures must have a minimum of quality to be accepted. If there are minor bugs, maybe I can fix them.

Also if someone does not like some of my textures, you can do your own and I will replace it if I see it higher, or I will do a poll to see which one people prefer.

Custom textures requirements and reccomendations:

Things that I NEED to know!! :hateit: (IMPORTANT !!)

• I need to know "how change the colours of things like fire of ponyta, charmander tail, smoke of koffing, etc".
    • I need to know "how to edit .I4 textures succesfully". You can found this textures in charmander (tail fire), ponyta (fire), koffing (smoke), etc... (I can replace it succesfully with Ohana3DS, then I save the changes, and the problem comes, when I re-open the file, the texture now its shown with vertical lines, not filled, and in-game, it is buggy).
    • I would like to know if it is possible to edit the inventory sprites of Pokémons.
    If you have the answer, please, let me know!! It would be a great help !!

Examples of textures:

* More examples of my textures here: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/
    * Retextured Pokeballs: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/gallery/63589988/Retextured-Pokeballs

Tools
    • Pk3DS - (Compress/Decompress files)
    • Ohana3DS Rebirth - (Extract and visualize textures)
    • GIMP / Photoshop CS6 - (Editing textures)
    • Guide -

------------------------------------------------------------- O -------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- O -------------------------------------------------------------

Español

Buenas!, estoy creando un Mod de Texturas Alternativas para Pokemon Sol / Luna.
    El proyecto consiste en reemplazar las texturas de algunos pokemon (sobretodo shiny texturas) por otras que yo considero mejores. Además, también cambio las texturas de los pokemon que tienen diferencias de género, para hacerlos más apreciables y únicos.

Progreso

Por ahora, he hecho por mí mismo unas 130 / 2.300~ texturas !!
    Tengo pensado compartirlas cuando se complete, al menos, la primera generación.

Lista de Pokemon editados:

Trabajo en familia

Consume algo de tiempo hacer texturas personalizadas con un decente nivel de calidad, así que si a alguien le apetece contribuir con sus texturas, puede hacerlo! Eso sí, las texturas deben tener un mínimo de calidad para ser aceptadas. No obstante, si los errores son de poca importancia, tal vez puedo corregirlos yo.

También si alguien no le gusta alguna de mis texturas, siempre puede hacer la suya propia y lo sustituiré si considero que es de mayor calidad, o haré una encuesta para ver que textura prefiere la gente.

Requisitos y recomendaciones para las texturas personalizadas:

¡¡ Cosas que NECESITO saber !! :hateit: (¡¡ IMPORTANTE !!)

• Necesito saber como modificar los colores y texturas .I4 de algunos elementos de los pokemon como el fuego de Charmander y Ponyta; el humo de Gastly y Koffing; etc. (puedo modificar las texturas .I4 exitosamente, guardo los cambios, pero el problema viene, cuando abro de nuevo el archivo de texturas: la textura .I4 no se ha guardado como debería, sino que aparece rayada verticalmente, en vez de rellena, como debería).
    Por favor, si alguien sabe como hacer alguna cosa de estas, que me lo haga saber!

Sería de grandísima ayuda!

* Ejemplos de mis texturas aquí: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/

Herramientas

• Pk3DS - (Comprimir/Descomprimir archivos)
    • Ohana3DS Rebirth - (Extraer y visualizar texturas)
    • GIMP / Photoshop CS6 - (Editar texturas)
    • Tutorial en español -

Last edited by Jenkkrystal, Jul 13, 2017
    Sergius22 and cicciochiave like this.
  2. cicciochiave

cicciochiave Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Italy
    I suggest not to release your mod when you have completed the first generation, but only the ones available in sun and moon (or maybe just start with the first island ones).
    In any case, great work, it would be awesome to play a randomized version with your textures. :D

3. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    I had not thought about that, it might be a good idea to focus first on the pokemon that appear on the first islands. I'll keep that in mind!

4. Angelcraft

Angelcraft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 8, 2015
    Spain
    molan demasiado <3/ they´re so cool! <3

5. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Me alegra que te gusten! :D

Angelcraft likes this.
  6. Anime__knight

Anime__knight Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Damn this looks great! I can't wait for its release! If I may make a suggestion, do you think it would be possible to change the colours of the flowers on shiny comfey? I like the blue but I would just like to see the flowers be different, like change the yellow to green, the red to purple, keep the white the same and turn the pink to be a different shade of blue

7. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Yes, don't worry, I will do it. Normal and shiny versions of that pokemon are too much similar, and I dont like that!, I will do a much better one!

Anime__knight likes this.
  8. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    Jenkem?

9. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    I googled that and still confusing...

10. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    You need to provide a translation to a post not in English ;3

11. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Haha! "I'm glad you liked it!" it would be like this?

12. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Yep.

13. InquisitionImplied

InquisitionImplied Two-cent DF

Sep 25, 2015
    United States
    Arizona
    I don't know what you're going with with this texture pack, but the color choice/color pattern for a lot of them don't look visually appealing, but the Onix looks alright

14. SahierKHLover

SahierKHLover GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Guess
    I am really hyped about this hope you can get it done as fast as possible good luck :D

15. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Examples?, Suggestions?
    Well, probably, you're right, but for now, I've tested this textures in-game, and they look really nice for me (most of them, some few could be edit too).
    First u have to keep in mind that this textures are for shiny pokemons, and if you are saying this because u don't like a Blue striped Slowpoke with purple snout, well I have to say to you, that I prefer that to a fully pinkish one. The colours are not realistic, and they don't have to be, this are pokemons, not animals.

16. Jenkkrystal
    OP

Jenkkrystal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    cicciochiave likes this.
  17. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Not sure where the garc is for the pokemon sprites but if it's the same as in Gen 6 they are in bclim format. I found a tool a while back that could convert between PNG<Bclim. If you know where the garcs are (or check the pastebin) and they're in the same format I could search my archives for the tool if you want. Or find it again somewhere Lol