Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been trying to run jenesis on a dstwo so far and have been unsuccessfull
while the actual emulator runs fine it does not seem to be able to detect the roms no matter where i put them
i installed both files from the dstwo plugs wiki page but still no luck
any idea what i could be missing? except a brain

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I usually throw mine in /Genesis Roms/ and let that be that. You'll have to manually browse to them, as I don't think jEnesisDS ever had a default directory, and your roms should end with *.bin or *.smd

my roms are *.md instead of bin/smd perharps renaming will do the trick thanks a lot

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can't say I have any in my collection that are *.md

I take that back, I have one that is *.md, and I don't know if I've tried it in jEnesisDS. A good 30 of them are *.smd, and the rest (~5,270) are *.bin

Keep in mind that there is also a size limitation on what jEnesisDS will open. If memory serves, it won't open any rom over 2MB. Whether or not it will -see- the rom is a different story, that I do not remember. However, I do particularly remember that docked games like Sonic 3 & Knuckles don't work (4MB), Sonic 2 & Knuckles (3.5MB), but the standalone games (Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2, Sonic 3) do work.

Edit - given that my rom collection (which should be near every game ever dumped for the Genesis and Mega Drive, 5,303 files with a few duplicates and RTS information) like I said a good 30 of them are *.smd. I'd probably try renaming to *.bin, or, failing that, just redownload the roms from another website (don't ask where, that's on you). I likely torrented that rom collection a while back (again, don't ask where), and it weighs in at 6.84GB, so that might be another thing to consider.

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah I can't say I have any in my collection that are *.md

I take that back, I have one that is *.md, and I don't know if I've tried it in jEnesisDS. A good 30 of them are *.smd, and the rest (~5,270) are *.bin

Keep in mind that there is also a size limitation on what jEnesisDS will open. If memory serves, it won't open any rom over 2MB. Whether or not it will -see- the rom is a different story, that I do not remember. However, I do particularly remember that docked games like Sonic 3 & Knuckles don't work (4MB), Sonic 2 & Knuckles (3.5MB), but the standalone games (Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2, Sonic 3) do work.

Edit - given that my rom collection (which should be near every game ever dumped for the Genesis and Mega Drive, 5,303 files with a few duplicates and RTS information) like I said a good 30 of them are *.smd. I'd probably try renaming to *.bin, or, failing that, just redownload the roms from another website (don't ask where, that's on you). I likely torrented that rom collection a while back (again, don't ask where), and it weighs in at 6.84GB, so that might be another thing to consider.

seems like renaming them did work problem as you allready mentioned though the sad thing is that 4+mb games do not work
any idea if it is possible to trim the rom to fall under the 4mb cap?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've looked into, it's not possible, at least without some pretty heavy experience in that kind of stuff and some tools to do it, neither of which I have/know how to use.

I had heard that there was a mod of jEnesisDS that did support roms greater than that, but I had never been able to find it, it was an older version, and it broke other things like sound.

Reactions: Patatosoupa

Patatosoupa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
From what I've looked into, it's not possible, at least without some pretty heavy experience in that kind of stuff and some tools to do it, neither of which I have/know how to use.

I had heard that there was a mod of jEnesisDS that did support roms greater than that, but I had never been able to find it, it was an older version, and it broke other things like sound.

fair enough i guess
only way to play s3&knuckles on the ds/3ds seems to be on those classics collection or whatever but they are horrible from what i remember
oh well beggars cant be choosers thanks for your insight on the subject

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."