Gaming Japanese readers? eShop error msg

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just got myself a JP eShop account for my Switch.
When I try to add my card to the shop I get an error.

I would assume it is telling me my card is not accepted. But I just want to make sure. Seeing how I have logged into my bank and put Asia on the greenlist.

Pic of message:
Ibvcbb.jpg

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just got myself a JP eShop account for my Switch.
When I try to add my card to the shop I get an error.

I would assume it is telling me my card is not accepted. But I just want to make sure. Seeing how I have logged into my bank and put Asia on the greenlist.

Pic of message:
Ibvcbb.jpg
You can use Google translate

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
And making your bank aware of you traveling to Asia (at least that sounds like what you did), that won't make Nintendo's store accept your non-Japanese card. (They don't, or didn't, accept outside cards so that's an issue)

If they did, telling your bank would only affect the payment side. The card would still 'add' to your account. Plus I don't think you need to tell your bank about foreign online stuff since you can order stuff from anywhere online really.
(just my thoughts and experiences)

Last edited by cearp,

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok.
Thank you all for clearing things up.

I assumed the red line of text told me an error, as that was displayed after entering all my info.

You are probably correct regarding the bank info. I will go and turn Asia off again.
The goto solution would be something like eShop cards from Play-Asia then?

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok.

I assumed the red line of text told me an error, as that was displayed after entering all my info.

You are probably correct regarding the bank info. I will go and turn Asia off again.

Yeah that is probably best to do. What game are you going to buy? (just curious?)

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres red text saying to check your credit card details. You probably dont have a Japanese credit card which triggers this message.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok.

That is what I would do (and in fact I did a similar thing in the past in order to create an American iTunes account so I could download apps that weren't available in Europe on my iPod Touch), Play-Asia tend to be pricy though so you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s