Japanese publication says Nintendo most likely still around in 10 year

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Square Enix: 0 points

Well shit. I guess we'll never see KH3.

As for Sega, I believe they're due for a revival. Some small part of me is expecting Sega to announce a console at E3. After which, I will proceed to preorder it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay arbitrary numbers pulled out of someones ass.

EDIT: Note that NA Sega can, and I hope does, go die. Not localizing VC3 makes them fucking useless anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Companies that I've always known and loved recieve bad marks (except Nintendo) and somehow a company I've NEVER heard of gets nearly as much points as Nintendo.

WTF is Gree?

...looks legit. That's all I have to say.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Nintendo being out of the gaming industry is like saying the Sun isn't hot.
Konami I was going to agree with, but then I thought of Metal Gear Solid, so nope, they're here for a while.
Capcom disappearing? As bloody if. As long as they keep making Street Fighter, Resident Evil and their other big titles, they're in.
Sega? No, even though Sonic games are somewhat subpar, there's always going to be a fanbase and enough for Sega to survive off of.
SCE. No comment. That's it. That one left me speechless.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo makes kids toy, so as long as there's still kids around in 10 years, so will nintendo
Just move along,folks. Nothing to see here.
Oh, the sad thing is this thing is kinda true.

Nintendo has a higher survival rate than the others because they're the only one actively working towards casual gamers (which is the new market for investors). Gree instead are a big player in social gaming, and most importantly, they're also in the smartphones/tablets market. The others are doing zilch in that direction, except churning out PORTS, PORTS and MORE PORTS.

Still, I would've given some more points to Sony, as they're probably going to sell themselves to social gaming pretty soon (hey, they've already tried the Casual Gamer direction with Move, too!).
Whether then discuss the issues I have in you post, I'll just leave this here because you have reminded me about it.
"What we're trying to do with this... it's more hardcore than most motion games are. Most motion games are intended to be very, very casual. They have an almost Simon Says quality to them. We wanted something that would appeal to a more hardcore audience and would have depth and complexity. So we wanted to make it more interesting for the hardcore but still make it easy enough that the average Move owner – who may have bought it as a casual gaming system – can still play the game," Upton explained.
Link :P

I doubt they are going to die before 10 years.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Companies that I've always known and loved recieve bad marks (except Nintendo) and somehow a company I've NEVER heard of gets nearly as much points as Nintendo.

WTF is Gree?

...looks legit. That's all I have to say.

Gree is a social gaming system only avaliable in Japan.

Ishihara should ban these games, if he wanst something that's "harmful to youth", well these are harmful to all gamers not just youth.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"What we're trying to do with this... it's more hardcore than most motion games are. Most motion games are intended to be very, very casual. They have an almost Simon Says quality to them. We wanted something that would appeal to a more hardcore audience and would have depth and complexity. So we wanted to make it more interesting for the hardcore but still make it easy enough that the average Move owner – who may have bought it as a casual gaming system – can still play the game," Upton explained.

Explain to me in layman's terms how the controller dictates what the content of a game is. I was *convinced* that it's the developer's choice what to release. Fair play, most motion controlled games are "casual" in nature HOWEVER there are instances of fantastic hardcore games using "motion controllers" aswell - Mad World, No More Heroes, Rise of Nightmares, Skyward Sword, Red Steel, Sorcery, The Fight - just to name a few. The controller does not dictate neither depth nor complexity of games - 'nough said.

Reactions: 2 people

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like BS to me, Nintendo will survive and other companies, but something like this Gree social gaming thing, yeah if you focus your business purely on that you will be fucked when the social gaming bubble bursts.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

EDIT: Note that NA Sega can, and I hope does, go die. Not localizing VC3 makes them fucking useless anyway.
why do people always forget to mention that they didn't fucking localize psp2 infinity
fuck you sega, and about that can somebody tell me a bit about psp hex editing because i need to translate it and it won't be very hard since devifoxx made a translation guide that tranlates everything that i may use with his permission...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why do people always forget to mention that they didn't fucking localize psp2 infinity
fuck you sega, and about that can somebody tell me a bit about psp hex editing because i need to translate it and it won't be very hard since devifoxx made a translation guide that tranlates everything that i may use with his permission...

Well they localized PSPo2 in the first place and I doubt it sold like hotcakes. I would see VC3 as much more likely than PSPo2i.

But I did really want VC3, VC2 kicked a lot of ass, and that's coming from someone who can't stand playing strategy or SRPG games.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Well they localized PSPo2 in the first place and I doubt it sold like hotcakes. I would see VC3 as much more likely than PSPo2i.

But I did really want VC3, VC2 kicked a lot of ass, and that's coming from someone who can't stand playing strategy or SRPG games.
but on PSPo2 i find hoards of people online, so that's pretty much successful right?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah I was offput by VC at first, because it was stated to be a strategy game. Felt like a complete moron when I finally tried it and found it to be one of my favorite games of all time.
VC2 was awesome as well. Loved the improvements they made, except splitting the map into multiple segments and greatly limiting troop density on the battlefield. Still worked great.

But VC2 apparently sold like shit thanks to it going from a serious war setting, to a highschool setting. Put a lot of people off apparently. Why Sega thought "Well ok, the PS3 war game sold fantastic...the PSP school one sold like shit, so clearly, this serious PSP war setting will sell like shit too."
Sega. You're retarded, and I hate you.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Yeah I was offput by VC at first, because it was stated to be a strategy game. Felt like a complete moron when I finally tried it and found it to be one of my favorite games of all time.
VC2 was awesome as well. Loved the improvements they made, except splitting the map into multiple segments and greatly limiting troop density on the battlefield. Still worked great.

But VC2 apparently sold like shit thanks to it going from a serious war setting, to a highschool setting. Put a lot of people off apparently. Why Sega thought "Well ok, the PS3 war game sold fantastic...the PSP school one sold like shit, so clearly, this serious PSP war setting will sell like shit too."
Sega. You're retarded, and I hate you.
i agree, if you gave is VC3 and infinity i'd insta buy, and i never bought a psp game before(my friends give me some because i mod their psps' + incredibly rampant piracy)

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I hope they're kidding. Sony dead in 10 years? Blasphemy! I know some things can't be predicted but a company like Sony won't go down without a fight.
I mean Sega stopped being "a big player" from 2002 and it continued to live on...
Sony certainly won't go down.
The key word is "Computer Entertainment".
That said, I don't think Sony Computer Entertainment will die in 10 years. More likely to develop Xperia Play Vitas or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?