Hacking Japanese n3ds XL

ninfas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere in the forum. I could not find the information I am looking for.

I am new to custom firmware and flashcards and if I was to import a Japanese n3ds XL now, could I install custom firmwares to run homebrew and use flashcards? How could I make the unit region free to run US and european back ups?

The second question is regarding running ds games using flashcards. Will I be able to run us and european ds back up games? I am worried about the language issue and navigating the menu etc.

Thanks

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere in the forum. I could not find the information I am looking for.

I am new to custom firmware and flashcards and if I was to import a Japanese n3ds XL now, could I install custom firmwares to run homebrew and use flashcards? How could I make the unit region free to run US and european back ups?

The second question is regarding running ds games using flashcards. Will I be able to run us and european ds back up games? I am worried about the language issue and navigating the menu etc.

Thanks
DS games aren't region locked so yoy wouldn't have to worry. You may be able to install CFW and homebrew, but it depends on the firmware. If you have B9S on a flash cart then you can install CFW on any 3DS on any firmware. If you get one of the smaller N3DS Japanese imports from Amazon from launch they on be 8.0.0 or something early enough to hack. If you can find an old used Japanese N3DS XL it could be on an exploitable firmware, but you might be able to find a used US or EUR on an exploitable firmware as well.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

ninfas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.

What guide(s) do I need to follow to run CFW on a new Japanese n3ds or n3ds XL to play US and EU games? Can someone provide a link?

What flash cards are recommended to play US and EU ds games on new Japanese n3ds or n3ds XL? and is there a link on how run the games?

Last edited by ninfas,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That guide is always up to date. CFW enables region patch and you can change the language through CTR NAND Transfer (also in the guide).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM