Japanese firmware M3i Zero

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by farstrider, Sep 24, 2009.

Sep 24, 2009

Japanese firmware M3i Zero by farstrider at 4:20 AM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. farstrider
    OP

Newcomer farstrider Newbie

Japan
    I'm trying to get a couple of M3i Zero cards set up for my in-laws (who don't speak English), but I can't get the Japanese firmware/system to load. I flashed Sakura 1.4 into the ROM, and, when inserted into my DSl, it shows the Danny Phantom menu just like my (English) M3i. I downloaded version 3.7e of the Japanese system file (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2585), which is the most up-to-date I could find, and loaded it onto the SD card; but when I insert the M3i card into my DSl and attempt to boot into Sakura I just get an error message that says, "No system file found. Please insert system."

I also tried an older Japanese system (1.11, I think), and got a boot error that said, "incorrect language identifier."

I know the flashcart and SD card work because I can load the English system from my card into it and it will boot. The problems seem to occur when I try and put a Japanese-language system on it.

Any ideas?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The japanese firmware won't work on the english m3i zero cart, you could try and use a japanese skin that might work.

3. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Yep, this means you have a US/EUR flashcart, which will only work with the English firmware.

1. If present, delete the old SYSTEM folder from your MicroSD card just to ensure that the next step will be a clean install.
    2. Download the English firmware here and copy the SYSTEM folder onto the MicroSD card.
    3. Download this file and copy it onto the MicroSD card as well (the entire SYSTEM folder). Let it overwrite the existing files on the card.

The file in step 3 should overwrite only the files necessary to change the GUI into Japanese. For additional Japanese skins, check here.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any problems with the file.

4. farstrider
    OP

Newcomer farstrider Newbie

Japan
    I followed your instructions, but now it freezes after displaying the M3 Real splash screen. What next?

5. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Try the same steps again, only this time, after step 2 but before step 3, put the flashcart in your DS to make sure that it's working.

If you can get past the splash screen after step 2, go ahead with step 3, except this time try deleting the default.skn from the m3sakura folder that you download in step 3.