Japanese Backups with English text

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zb123, Apr 8, 2014.

1. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    I know this has probably been asked and answered. I tried searching, but this forums search is a hunk-o-junk.

So, I was wondering, is it possible to have english text with a japanese game backup, do any include the english text option in them or would it somehow need to be modded in (and if that's the case, is that possible). Thanks.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    For future reference: typing "site:gbatemp.net" in Google along with your query returns only results from that site (in this case, gbatemp)

3. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    As games are usually released in JP first before they're translated/localized, they do not include any official English text (most of the time). There is also no current public way to mod in different texts, though there was a thread / video on a Chinese forum a while back where they managed to redirect certain files (specifically game text files) to run from the SD card.

4. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
  5. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    Nice tip, thanks.
    That's unfortunate, hopefully something substantial will pop up, there are some good JAP console exclusives I'd like to try. Thanks.