Japan-exclusive games

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by zrlan7710, May 24, 2014.

1. zrlan7710
    OP

zrlan7710 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2014
    Looking for (a list of) Japan-only games like New Love Plus+, Fantasy Life Link, E.X. Troopers, Project Mirai 2, Time Travelers

2. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    There is a separate sub forum for buying/trading but you need to have 100 posts to be able to access it.

3. zrlan7710
    OP

zrlan7710 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2014
    I'm not buying or trading.

4. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Oh, so you're just asking for a list of Japanese exclusive games?
    The way you phrased your post makes it look like you are. Sorry for jumping the gun anyhow.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  6. Nagato

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Youkai Watch is a good game if you're into those kinds of RPGs. It took me a while to complete just the main story without going into all of the side quests or catching all the youkai. E.X. Troopers is also a really fun game. It's a great time killer.

That's a neat site. Especially that it included an XML output of the database. I was also wondering the same thing as OP, so I wrote a quick tool that makes a list of all Japanese exclusive games (defined by the serial string minus the last character being unique, and the last character of the serial string must be "J"). Note that this does not take into account things like Bravely Default where the original was Japanese exclusive, but it got an update and released in all regions including Japan (it's its own serial ID, so the original is still considered a Japanese exclusive).

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Edit: Updated with links to the homepages for all games. Automatically generated so some won't work.