Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

shadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
it really does seem like Wiikey are screwing us over right now

That's a little harsh since no other modchip has been capable of getting over this problem as well. This relates to the fact that these games (SMG, MySims, New Blood, to name a few) are programmed to look for the default language of the Wii. Not sure if any of the modchips can fix this since I'm not sure if drivemods can detect setting checks like that.

Keeping my fingers crossed though. Whoever overcomes this problem I think is guaranteed to get the business of *ALL* Jap Wii users.
bow.gif

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
i was going to post the exact same question as above.

Is there some sort of list that tells us the games that are in jap and have no english option. And how playavle they are? Im also wanting cooking mama and disney princess.

How playable is jap cooking mama? And i hope the jap disney princes will be playable.

We need real region free!!!
biggrin.gif
I played cooking mama J version. It's like imitating the picture/video and not knowing the instruction. still, it was fun.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
i was going to post the exact same question as above.

Is there some sort of list that tells us the games that are in jap and have no english option. And how playavle they are? Im also wanting cooking mama and disney princess.

How playable is jap cooking mama? And i hope the jap disney princes will be playable.

We need real region free!!!
biggrin.gif

I played cooking mama J version. It's like imitating the picture/video and not knowing the instruction. still, it was fun.

was it playable?

kikam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes the voice is in japanese as well
frown.gif
the game looks great though and i think that even if you dont know any japanese you'll be able to play all the operations but its kinda boring not knowing the story. I only tried the first operation and it was really similar to second opinion but it had a nicer look to it, kinda like the graphic had been improved. damn really wanna play this game
frown.gif

moochme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes the voice is in japanese as well
frown.gif
the game looks great though and i think that even if you dont know any japanese you'll be able to play all the operations but its kinda boring not knowing the story. I only tried the first operation and it was really similar to second opinion but it had a nicer look to it, kinda like the graphic had been improved. damn really wanna play this game
frown.gif

Real bummer! Thanks for the info though.

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm well if the wiikey can't be region patched to Eng then surely there's got to be some way to patch the games so that it only displays English... hope someone can come up with a method, bit like the Brick Blocker...

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually I think it should be possible to patch an Iso to force it to play in a selected language, and it still hasn't been done because a) this issue is quite recent, since previous games didn't present this problem, and b) the problem hasn't been given enough publicity.

I think we should try and raise the attention of someone with the capability to look into wii games' structure, which may be something not that difficult, or it may be impossible to achieve. We still don't know. But since it seems that Jap Wii owners that do not know any japanese, like myself, are a minority, nobody is really caring about it, and if htere are people that can do this, probably do not even know.

Anyone agrees?

mightytp

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated my semi-bricked Wii with SMG(Jap). It'is no longer semi-bricked (but did get duplicate channels in the process).

Now I've purchased 3,000 Wii points, and I'm dying to trying out one of the virtual console games, but am worried the games are going to all be in Japanese and in consequence no fun.

I really want to play Zelda: Ocarina of Time but will it too be in Japanese?

Anyone got any suggestions on what virtual console games are fun to play?

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that if you email Nintendo customer support they will supply instructions on how to download english channels, thus enabling you to buy non-jap games. Not sure though.

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Now we are facing a few problems of playing US games.
They are:
1. Japanese content in US games (Trauma Center New Blood, Red Steel, REUC)
2. Games locking up upn loading (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Dewy's Adventure, now BBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3)
I hope the first problem can be solved by someone who can program a code blocking or removing patch in the iso, wiikey or in the Wii's firmware itself.
Wonder when the Wii's firmware will get cracked like PSP? i thought the world was full of intelligent hackers who can defeat all kinds of security?
Does anyone know what causes the second problem? i hope it gets solved as well. A few games are worth playing.
I really hope future games like Symphonia, ogre battle, golden sun and FFCC doesn't have these kind of problems. if they have, i have to buy a US wii to play them. Wasting money. don't want to trade in as i want to play jap games too. what is the Wiikey team doing?

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Code:
 Â Â Â Â ?? Â ??? Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ??? Â??? Â???? Â Â Â Â Â??? Â Â Â??? Â Â Â
   ????  ???       Â???? ???????????     ???   Â???   Â
 ??????? ?????? ???     Â??? Â??   ????     ???   ????   Â
Â??????? Â??????????? Â Â Â Â???? Â ??? Â ??? Â Â Â ?? ?? Â?? Â????????? 
Â??????? Â?????? Â??? Â Â Â Â??? ?? ??? Â ??? Â Â Â?????????????? Â??????
  �?????????? �?   �???????? ???  ???   �???  ??????   ????
  �?????? ??? ???   �???? ??? ???  ???    ???  ????? ??  ????
  �?? �? ??? ???    �?? ??? ????????????  �???????? �??? �?? 
  �?? �????????     �????     �???  �??  ???  ??? �?? 
  �?? �??         ????      ???  �??  ???   ?? ??? 
  �?? �?????   ???   �?????????????????  �??  ???    ???? 
  Â???  ?????????????  Â???? ????    ????  Â?????????    ??? Â
  Â???   ??????????  ?????  ??    Â????  Â???  ??? ????????? Â
  �??    �??????         �?????        �??????  
                     ????          Â???  Â

Â Â   Â
                           Â Â   Â
               Â            Â   
       Â Â          Â Â       Â Â Â Â
TiTLE: ÂWiiFitJAP_WII-TMD Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
SiZE:  93x50Mb               
DATE: Â 12/04/2007 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
REGION: JAPAN (NTSC) Â Â Â
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-z3-49-gb-70-2c81.html
yes you must have Wii Board can play this game.
but this disc can fix half brick jap wii machine.

for all with half bricked JAP Wii's
smile.gif

wii-novice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I am fairly new to the wii modding scene and have a few questions if someone could kindly help me:

I have a JAP wii and updated my wii firmware using MArio Galaxy (ntsc - j) and through reading forums it should have updated it to 3.0J. But my settings show 3.1J - im not compaining about this but im confused

My wiikey is updated with the latest firmware 1.9g.

So my questions are, how did my firmware get to 3.1J, did mario do this or would this have happened online? Thought 3.0j was the latest?

Ive ordered a wii fit from Japan, i know this comes with 3.1J so guess this wont actually update anything?

In the new year i will obtain wii fit ntsc U - im assuming cos im running 3.1J this will be ok as its the latest update

Also, when i put in big brain acadamy ntsc u it tries to do an update even though im running on 3.1J (big brain has 2.2U does it not?). Im afraid to let this complete, but in theory i know it shouldnt do anything as big brains firmware is less than i have. If i use brickblocker the disc doesnt work. Anyone tried this on a JAP wii? does it just give you duplicate channels?

Also, with guitar heroes 3, the update list doesnt show if the PAL version works on a JAP wii - anyone know? Also does anyone know what firmware the GH3 disc contains?

Please please please help me

thanks in advance

Wii-novice

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
hello

im new here

i have a premodded jap wii 2.0j FW,,,,(we dont have wi-fi)
cry.gif

i dont wana update from disc cause it may cause bricking

also can somebody help,,,,, i dont know what modchip i have

i played all the games perfectly with regards to the regionfree compatibility test
but i cant boot my original ntsc-u gc games

is there a modchip that doesnt support gc games?

p.s. i dont burn isos
i can buy them somewhere here that's why i cant use WBB

tnx
yaynds.gif
happy.gif

edit:or can somebody link me to a freeloader iso so i can try it if it works(for my gc games)

tnx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o